Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Guys Could

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Help out the people ravaged by hurricane Katrina by donating to your local Red Cross whatever you could spare. It could be a dollar or a quarter whatever you can afford because every little bit helps.

New Orleans right now is a city that is uninhabitable. What that means is that every single person that lives in the city has to be taken out and placed in a shelter for what it looks like maybe a few months. All of the water has to be pumped out of the city before and cleaned because of the water that is covering the city is toxic. They can’t begin to work on this problem because levees that protect the city from flooding are still broken and water is still coming into the city. It may take months perhaps even a year before things will return to normal in the city. It’s an absolute nightmare.

I know a lot of you are watching this on the news but this is happening close to my house. It’s a terrible feeling that we all have because we kind of feel helpless that we can’t really do anything to help until the water is pumped out and the cleanup begins. My city is practically one big shelter for those that evacuated before the storm hit. We have a lot of people staying in the local sports arena until further notice.

Thanks for any help that you may contribute. Red Cross Link
    Last edited by BigBank_Hank; 08-31-2005 at 11:58 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Read something that amused me the other day. According to scientists, the hurricane's are getting more powerful and frequent because of the air pollution that America (and mainly Texas) refuses to stop creating. Bush said something like he wouldn't stop making so many green house gases because it would destroy the American economy, because the hurricane's arn't

3. Lounge   -   #3
    This is serious business and I do not want this to be a politics thread.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/storm/c...l/content.html
    Has some good examples of how badly they need help.

My prayers are with everyone affected by this storm.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Why is everyone in New Orleans black?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Robs
    Why is everyone in New Orleans black?
    The people that you are seeing on tv or the people from the ghetto’s and projects. They had to stay behind because they couldn’t afford to leave the city and had nowhere else to go.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i can't donate 'cos all i have are pennies. i never donate anywhere anyway, other than chippy collection tins.

so now you're going through it yourself do you feel any remorse for the victims of the war you supported, the ones that have had no infrastructure for 2 years, the ones that get their houses destroyed, the ones that die or lose friends and family, the ones that can't claim on insurance?

good luck anyway

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I well asked for this to be a politics free thread Dave.

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with this what so ever. You just can’t help yourself from posting your agenda driven drivel.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i hid the politics

i know the war in iraq has nothing to do with this. i just hope this disaster, death and destruction makes you realise how bad it is over there all the time with no escape to higher ground.

anyway, i wouldn't wish it on anyone i really do hope things work out well for you and everyone else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast