Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost 1000 Dead In Stampede In Iraq

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Surprised/Amazed

Iraq stampede deaths near 1,000

Almost 1,000 people are known to have died in a stampede of Shia pilgrims in northern Baghdad, Iraqi health officials have said.
    So far, there have been at least 965 confirmed deaths, making the incident the single biggest loss of Iraqi life since the US-led invasion in 2003.

The incident happened on a river bridge as about a million Shias marched to a shrine for a religious festival.

Witnesses said panic spread over rumours of suicide bombers.

Radical Sunni groups have often targeted Shias in the past, but Iraqi officials said the tragedy had nothing to do with sectarian tension.

Many victims, mostly women, children or elderly, were crushed or drowned.
    Wtf??!!

The stampede killed more than any single attack there.
    Source
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Im not trying to sound like an asshole, but why the fuck would 1000 people gather in a ceremony without worrying about a terrorist attack happening, in the first place.... ?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'd bet the tragedy could have been avoided by the timely deployment of an American aircraft carrier and water-purification equipment (but only if it was diesel-powered).

In any case, the U.N. ought to denounce the U.S. for it's major role in this horrific event, force it to abide the Kyoto accords, and perhaps a resolution calling for the head of George Bush to be served on a platter at the Hague?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    I have been reading about this today, Busy. Horrible. My heart goes out to those people.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I'd bet the tragedy could have been avoided by the timely deployment of an American aircraft carrier and water-purification equipment (but only if it was diesel-powered).

In any case, the U.N. ought to denounce the U.S. for it's major role in this horrific event, force it to abide the Kyoto accords, and perhaps a resolution calling for the head of George Bush to be served on a platter at the Hague?

Wrong thread haws. Move over one. Mmk? Thanks?
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-02-2005 at 05:35 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Im not trying to sound like an asshole, but why the fuck would 1000 people gather in a ceremony without worrying about a terrorist attack happening, in the first place.... ?
    They probably thought the military might of the world's only superpower could protect them.
    Sig Removed...too clever

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    It was a religious gathering, not really sure on the details but it's something they do every year or month or week or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Most of Americas important people all work in one building. The American (and part of the world) economy and thousands of people worked in two certain building which arn't here anymore.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    WTF??? . go easy on the hash .

1000 deaths caused by a stampede of people is just ridiculous. Who's idea was it to march in a million people and not expect trouble??

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    The religion which was created a couple of billion years ago. Obvioulsy they hadn't counted on America pissing off the middle east and causing the number of suicide bombings to increase by massive ammounts.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Good to see people expressing their sympathy at such a tragedy, rather than use it as a chance to take shots at the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast