Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp Pro Or Windows 2000 ?

Poster
    I use windows Xp home. I find some problems but yet to find out what windows xp pro is like. Windows 2000 can be fast ive herd but its not gd for games.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Why go for them. Get windows server 2003. A key has already been leaked.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    windows longhorn is coming out next year hopefully it'll be better then win xp and win 2000

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by ricky@14 April 2003 - 14:31
    windows longhorn is coming out next year hopefully it'll be better then win xp and win 2000
    LH is shceduled for release in 2005, not next year.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by spudlover+14 April 2003 - 15:03--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spudlover @ 14 April 2003 - 15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ricky@14 April 2003 - 14:31
    windows longhorn is coming out next year hopefully it&#39;ll be better then win xp and win 2000
    LH is shceduled for release in 2005, not next year. [/b][/quote]
    well done at least someone knows the real date.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by ricky@14 April 2003 - 14:31
    windows longhorn is coming out next year hopefully it&#39;ll be better then win xp and win 2000
    Wont it be full of DRM bullshit?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    its coming in 2005, longhorn, also they will have by then intel pentium spyware 1.0, lol, but it will scan ALL your files on startup putting mega strain on your comp, meaning well, dont get longhorny or wait, :-), dont ever get pentium bs, get AMD

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    have you seen the new build 4025

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Some say XP Pro is better, some say 2000. If you&#39;re currently running XP Pro, and not having problems, don&#39;t waste your time reformatting just to isntall Windows 2000. Windows 2000 is a very impressive piece of software, very stable, but if you haven&#39;t experienced problems with XP why switch? And for those saying you have to reinstall over and over again you obviously can&#39;t take care of your computer. I&#39;ve reformatted my computer once since I upgraded to XP, which was a year and a half ago. Take care of your computer, chances are you ruined XP by something you downloaded. Either way both OS&#39;s are great but there&#39;s no reason to change from one to the other.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Hi, Many many thanks for all those useful replies ..... reading between the lines it seems not many of you have bad things to say about windows 2000 whereas xp pro has many downfalls especially driver problems and compatability etc. I was told to remove software that was causing problem but I don&#39;t know what software it is. The only thing that seems to be a problem is windows explorer ? I cannot remove this, any suggestions ... I was told to use Netscape ???

It actually crashed again while I was reading your replies so I think I will give 2000 a try. Nothing to lose although someone mentioned windows server 2003 ... does anyone know anything about this ?

Once again many thanks and keep up the good work, Dave (Luckydog)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast