Thread: What do i need??

Hi there,am wanting to upgrade parts for my pc as i havent done sure errr *cough* ever *cough*. Am wanting to get a Pentium4 over 3.0 GHZ,as mine at the moment is 2.0GHZ And am sure ill need another Motherboad for that also.I take it not any processor works with any motherboard? What else do i need to make this a decent pc? I currently have 1Gig ram.

Am not good with harware thats why am asking you guys, anyone wona post links to things i need at a good price?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan.
    Hi there,am wanting to upgrade parts for my pc as i havent done sure errr *cough* ever *cough*. Am wanting to get a Pentium4 over 3.0 GHZ,as mine at the moment is 2.0GHZ And am sure ill need another Motherboad for that also.I take it not any processor works with any motherboard? What else do i need to make this a decent pc? I currently have 1Gig ram.
    Given your admitted lack of experience, the most important part of this process will be research.

Forget picking a CPU first...the most important decision is the platform, i.e. the motherboard.
    Look for the features you want (SATA II, RAID, SLI, sound, network, etc.), then decide what CPU fits that platform and your budget.

The rest will fall into place from there.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg