Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manker or someone of similar knowledge

manker's Avatar effendi
    Btw, I've presumed that you work 7 days a week there.

I shouldn't have really. If it's five days then the calculation will be different:

In your case it's gonna be 11.35 days (or 2.27 weeks) minus what you've already taken.

So, say your average wage is £300 per week and you've not taken any holidays since 5th April this year:

300 multiplied by 2.27 = £681

Or if your average wage is £275 and you've taken 2 days holiday in this tax year:

277 multiplied by 1.87 = £518.

Meh. I hate employees
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Does the four weeks paid leave include Bank Holidays.

I s'pose that makes sense if you think about it, I just hadn't thought about it b4.

Is the tax year thing a rod, or is there a relevance to it. I thought it would just be the leave year which was significant.
    Yeah, the statutory paid four weeks does include bank holidays.

I'm not entirely certain what you mean with the tax year relevance. You're only entitled to a proportion of the 4 weeks holiday if you leave in the middle of a tax year.

If it's exactly 26 weeks into the tax year, you're entitled to two weeks holiday pay less what you've already taken, if you leave 13 weeks into the tax year, you're entitled to 1 week holiday pay less what you've taken - and so forth.
    My apologies, I have a leave year which in no way relates to the tax year.

Is it the normal course of events that people are entitled to an apportionment of the 4 weeks, from their date of joining up till the end of the tax year. From then on they get the 4 weeks in line with the tax year.

Reading your last again, I assume this is the case, but I can't be arsed deleting the above, so I'll leave it.
    Last edited by JPaul; 09-04-2005 at 09:21 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Jonno,

Firstly work out the leave you were entitled to.

Next subtract the leave you took, that will give you the number of days you should be paid for.

Assume each day is 8.4 hours (a 42 hour week).

Mutiply Days x 8.4 x Hourly Rate.

It doesn't really matter what hours you actually work. If you are considered a full time employee, then you are entitled to 4 weeks of full days paid leave.

If however you are part time, then do the same calculation, but using the appropriate number and not 42. So if your hours are 30, base your calculation on 6 hours / day and not 8.4.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Indeed it is, at least in my experience

I insist that employers harmonise their employee's leave year with the tax year - cos it's easier to deal with but it's at the employer's discretion.

I did make the presumption that Jonno's boss would do this too, but as you point out, it's not necessarily the case.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Ok thanks guys

I'll work it out, something tells me it's not gonna be much

Back on site next week tho well, I got a load of concreting and slabbing to do

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Ok thanks guys

I'll work it out, something tells me it's not gonna be much

Back on site next week tho well, I got a load of concreting and slabbing to do

Jonno
    Remember the 11 hour break and the 48 hour week.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    See I once told my old boss I was entitled to an 11 hour break, so twice a week I would'nt turn up for work

Jonno

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I work a 35 hour week and I get 20 paid days of holiday each year. I also have bank holidays off, for which I get paid, at no detriment to my leave entitlement

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I work a 35 hour week and I get 25 paid days of holiday each year. I also have bank holidays off, for which I get paid, at no detriment to my leave entitlement.

Barbarossa > DanB

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ok this bank holiday thing, my w/e is usually monday and tuesday, I only worked one of those days if I was needed.......I'm not entitled to pay for bank holidays am I?

Jonno

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast