Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Manker or someone of similar knowledge

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Then don't fucking tell me how to run a building business! ffs!!

You can't get people to pay for labour which has not taken place.........would you pay a builder for labour before they started work?

2. Lounge   -   #52
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Then don't fucking tell me how to run a building business! ffs!!

You can't get people to pay for labour which has not taken place.........would you pay a builder for labour before they started work?
    I'm telling you how to administrate it. Not how to lay a floor, I'd be clueless.

If a builder was doing a cash job for me, and it was saving me money, yes, I'd pay some up front if he insisted on it and I trusted him implicitly. However, if it was a big job lasting several days then I'd insist that it was done properly so I could get a receipt and legal rights should anything go wrong.

If you have no way of safeguarding your interests then don't do the job, it's as simple as that. Otherwise, at some point, you'll end up with some arsehole who won't pay.

I don't think you can disagree.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    No thats very true, I don't dissagree with that at all.
    But like I said, I done it as a favour and in good will expecting the same in return.
    I completed my part of the deal, he did'nt. He needs to learn the values of a bond by word. And he will.

Altho I think your opinion can't be very acurate considering you've never been in the trade, it's a very open trade when you work on your own and not for a company, you cut corners for people (not with quality of work), you do people favours if they wish to save money and are willing to pay you cash then you can word out a gentlemens agreement.
    There's not a builder in the world who has done everything above board and any that say they have are lying.

As I said, the whole thing was 2 weeks behind, I jumped in to save the day if you like and look where it got me. So what do you do? never do anyone a favour? don't trust anyone? thats why he's like he is, I don't wanna be a heartless wanker who does'nt gove a fuck about anything but my own bank balance, maybe thats why I'll never have much money, but at least I got a clear conscience and and liked.

Sorry for getting wound up, should'nt bite at you guys, but I really feel conned in every sense of the word, time, money, health.......and as my resig letter stated....I never got so much as a thank you for any of it.

Kinda pisses me off and it's not something I'm gonna forget in a hurry.

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #54
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You're a nice chap, Jonno. You're also naive. I'm really not trying to be nasty or anything, I'm being fairly blunt but I bear no malice.

You know, you can be a nice bloke and administrate your business correctly, the two aren't mutually exclusive. If you were doing people favours and hoping that people would pay you because they were also nice chaps then this situation was sadly inevitable.

As for my opinion not being very accurate. I think you'll find that what I wrote would have prevented you getting ripped off.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #55
    I don't walk round thinking if I do good then people will do good back and all that crap, but when it's my boss, a guy I've helped a LOT, I thought considering he's a business man he might have just an ounce of decency. I was wrong.

Had it been a complete stranger I would'nt have done it, I've been asked by a mate to give him a hand concreting his drive and slabbing his back garden, I know he has'nt got much money and I'll do it for very little payment, because I help people, he'd do the same I'm sure.

My problem has always been I'm frightend to upset someone unless I get angry, I done it so many times, fixed things for people that has taken me hours/days and thought they'd give me a few quid or a drink or something.....what do I get? "Cheers mate, nice one" yet I go back for more, but if I turned round and said "Ok I'll do it for £200" I'd feel really guilty, even used to do that with customers to some extent.
    I can't be funny or asertive to nice people, hence people take advantage.

This time reguarding my ex-boss is different, he's not a friend nor family member and I hav'nt known him long, respect is given automatically, if that person then does something to lose that respect then.......well........you end up feeling like I do now.

To be honest I don't know what I'm gonna do, but he's not getting away with it, no chance in hell.

Anyway, thanks for advice etc, apreciated even tho it sometimes does'nt seem so.

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #56
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I know what you mean.

Also, likewise I'm sometimes too blunt and don't really consider the other person's feelings when I'm talking to them on here. It seems like you're going thro' a tough time and I hope it gets better for you.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    You could always tell that little toe rag that tried to break into the back shed, what goodies are in there(but that would be wrong)

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    lmao I actually thought about that but again it would be me responsible should he get caught or something goes wrong.

@Manker.... nuff said dude and thanks

Jonno

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456