The days of unparing, then unraring, are over. You only need this app. Just download all your stuff during the day then at night before bed or before you go to work open this program and start it up. When you get home or wake up the only thing that will be in your folders will be the .img or .iso or whatever files you end up with. Takes all the work out of newsgroups.
RarSlaveGUI is a simple front end to a program called RarSlave, developed by salami.
What is RarSlave?
RarSlave does all the annoying tasks involved when you have a set of RAR files. This means:
- It scans the given directory and subdirectories for PAR2 files
- It checks and repairs using the PAR2 files
- If repair is possible or unneeded, it extracts from the .RAR files
- Upon success, it will delete the .PAR2 and .RAR files and continue with the next set.
It does that fully automated and can scan whole directories which can save you a lot of time.
What is RarSlaveGUI?
RarSlaveGUI is a frontend Windows tool to RarSlave.
It has shell integration. i.e when you right click on a folder in Windows Explorer, if there are .par2 files in the folder or in the subfolders up to a max of 3 deep, you will get the following:
1. Download RarSlave and extract files to a folder:
2. Download RarSlaveGUI and extract files to the same folder:
3. Start RarSlaveGUI.exe and use or enable Shell Integration for the Windows Explorer add-in.