[news=http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8549/firefox154ue.gif] Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 (Deer Park)
Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is now available for download. This is the first Beta release of our next generation Firefox browser, to be released later this year, and it is being made available to our developer and testing community for compatibility testing and to solicit feedback.
Note: This is not the final release of our Web browser, it has been made available for testing purposes only, with no end-user support. If that sounds scary, you'd probably be better off with the latest version of Firefox 1.0.
Download Firefox 1.5 Beta 1
See the Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 release notes.
- Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 for Windows (English)
- Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 for Linux (English)
- Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 for Mac OS X (English)
- Other systems and other languages
Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5 Beta 1:
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
- Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- Improvements to popup blocking.
- Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
- Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
- Better accessibility support including DHTML accessibility.
- Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
- Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- Many security enhancements.
- List of notable bug fixes since Deer Park Alpha 2