Thread: encoding a video with a seperate .sub/etc file

can I curse? FUCK!
    I'm wondering if you can take a subtitle file and encode it with the movie so it would be right in the movie because I'm burning a chinese movie and I want the english subtitles on it. I'm burning it on a DVD.

Is there any way of encoding the sub file with the video?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Download "VOB Sub" http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html. It's
    a plug-in for Virtual Dub, but it works great with TMPGEnc Theres a guide
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php. Remember to keep the
    AVI and sub file in the same folder. Both must have the same exact name (with
    different extensions), rename one or the other to match.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    I downloaded vobsub but can't use the configure because vobsub.dll is missing and I googled the dll to download the file but I can't find it. any solutions or alternative solutions?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Ok, I got the vobsub.dll but it gave me a %1 not a valid win32 application or something like that.

Tried ffdshow and I was missing a dll. I bet it would give me the same message if I got the dll file. is there any other way? please! I'm downloading advent children and I want to burn it on DVD to watch with subs!
    Last edited by Shiranai_Baka; 09-12-2005 at 12:07 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If you use Tmpgenc- Go to options> environmental setting. Choose VFAPI plugin tab.
    Make sure Direct show has highest priority (usually 2).
    Use "Directvobsub configure" from Start>programs>Vobsub. Just browse and enter name of the movie sub file and close (make sure same as movie file with different ext).
    Most Windows PC's use direct show rendering for Windows media player (with proper
    codecs). You can make sure the VobSub driver is installed- go to Windows folder> system 32 folder> scroll down to DVobSub.ax, if its there forget dlls.