Thread: Bad cds degrade performance of burners?

can I curse? FUCK!
    Is it even possible? I was the comments on newegg about the dvd burner I bought and I'm not sure of the guy is talking out of his ass or what.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    Is it even possible? I was the comments on newegg about the dvd burner I bought and I'm not sure of the guy is talking out of his ass or what.
    Perhaps the burner took offence to the cheap, shitty brand of media that was inserted kind of like a high maintenance girlfriend (or boyfriend).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Bad CD or DVD media will degrade performance when using them. The performance of the burner itself should be unaffected. The drive will perform fine with good media afterwords.

I hope that's what you meant.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Bad CD or DVD media will degrade performance when using them. The performance of the burner itself should be unaffected. The drive will perform fine with good media afterwords.

I hope that's what you meant.
    Actually, some dyes need more power from the laser than others, so it is possible that constantly using disks with high power requirements could shorten the life of the burner.

I agree though that just using an occasional bad disk should not have a permanent effect.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    interesting. thanks VB and lynx.