Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    yes, currently only english subs are out, but come the release this holiday on dvd it will have japanese with eng subs and/or eng dub. ur guys' buddy eminem is one of the voices. fuck, i hope "he" doesn't fuck it up.
    yea, it's on imdb. this is going to be hilarious. eminem doing ff.
    its a gag, mr coatse isn't even in the movie!

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    is the movie ever going to be released dubbed in english?

I was a obsessed FF VII player many years ago
    I hope so.

I don't want to watch a movie so visually stunning and have it ruined with words on the screen.

my problem is I find it hard to concentrate watch somthing and read subs at the same time Im looking down reading and missing what is going on I cant watch and read at the same time

its Aanimation so dubbing wont look that bad compared to a movie thats dubbed with mouths moving out of sync aka crouching tiger

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    I hope so.

I don't want to watch a movie so visually stunning and have it ruined with words on the screen.

my problem is I find it hard to concentrate watch somthing and read subs at the same time Im looking down reading and missing what is going on I cant watch and read at the same time

its Aanimation so dubbing wont look that bad compared to a movie thats dubbed with mouths moving out of sync aka crouching tiger
    It can still have bad voice acting though.

I just prefer subtitles. The son of woman I dated awhile back liked closed captions on everything he watched. He had a hearing problem when he was young and even after his hearing was fine, he liked to read his shows. It was fucking iritating. Imagine watching Star Wars with subtitles.

Many times I'll deal with horrible dubbing just to be rid of subtitles.

Imagine watching a kung-fu flick with subtitles. We wouldn't have those dubbing jokes.

All that fighting going on and your attention is constantly split between reading and watching someone get their ass kicked. I can deal with it (Crouching Tiger) but your right that animation needs dubbing and no subtitles.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-16-2005 at 01:57 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Animation can get away with being dubbed. Though I have watched GITS and Ninja Scroll with subs and haven't had any problem, once you get used to it you don't even notice you're reading and don't miss any of the action.

That said, I have to be in the right mood to watch any subbed movie because it requires more concentration.
    Last edited by Cheese; 09-16-2005 at 02:11 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Animation can get away with being dubbed. Though I have watched GITS and Ninja Scroll with subs and haven't had any problem, once you get used to it you don't even notice you're reading and don't miss any of the action.

That said, I have to be in the right mood to watch any subbed movie because it requires more concentration.
    You've got to concentrate to watched a subtitled movie?

I just don't like it 'cause of basic screen real estate taken up for words. I mean I've watched closed captions for years (unfortunately ) and didn't like it but was hardly worthy of concentration.

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much of our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.

Other countries (besides India and China) don't have very big movie industries. Those countries also have many movies already native to their culture.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-16-2005 at 02:20 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

I just don't like it 'cause of basic screen real estate taken up for words. I mean I've watched closed captions for years (unfortunately ) and didn't like it but was hardly worthy of concentration.

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.
    You have to concentrate to watch any movie. That is what watching it means, you concentrate your senses (eyes and ears) to the visual and audio stimulus provided by the theatre screen/TV.

I'm not quite sure what you've been doing all these years, have you been been putting a DVD in the player and going for a jog?

"Hey mom, this Lost series is great, I lost 6 lbs."

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    cheese is no longer withcheese??? which admin did you have to root to get that name change???

anyhow I need to see this movie one way or another that FF VII ruined my life I skipped school didn't want to talk to my ex g/f on the phone (well ex now gf at time) and just wanted to play that game

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Steno
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypriis
    is there at least english sub-titles?
    Yes, and just go to the site I mentioned in the post above.
    I dont see them, I see full movies, like mkv or avi, but i don't see english subs (i doubt that english subs are gonna be 200mb big).

So if anyone has english subs or knows where to get them, please post it. I downloaded the bien one twice (first time i accidently got rid of task and all files instead of just task >_< ). Then when I finally do download it again and open it, I see that the subs are in japanese (wtf? isnt the movie already in jap?). So ya, don't feel like downloading another version (which I can't find, the mkv one doesnt work, I keep getting timed out). So ya, please post em if you know how to get em. Thanks.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 09-16-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39

As I say, I want to watch and listen to my movie not read it. I suspect though it has to do with much our cinema is already in English and it crosses many genres.
    You have to concentrate to watch any movie. That is what watching it means, you concentrate your senses (eyes and ears) to the visual and audio stimulus provided by the theatre screen/TV.

I'm not quite sure what you've been doing all these years, have you been been putting a DVD in the player and going for a jog?

"Hey mom, this Lost series is great, I lost 6 lbs."
    Hell yeah man!!! I get my workout and get my watch on.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Steno
    Yes, and just go to the site I mentioned in the post above.
    I dont see them, I see full movies, like mkv or avi, but i don't see english subs (i doubt that english subs are gonna be 200mb big).

So if anyone has english subs or knows where to get them, please post it. I downloaded the bien one twice (first time i accidently got rid of task and all files instead of just task >_< ). Then when I finally do download it again and open it, I see that the subs are in japanese (wtf? isnt the movie already in jap?). So ya, don't feel like downloading another version (which I can't find, the mkv one doesnt work, I keep getting timed out). So ya, please post em if you know how to get em. Thanks.
    Stop being lazy and go and learn Japanese. Jeez.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast