Thread: Samsung Rolls Out New Flash Memory Chip

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://news.google.com/news?imgefp=QCcL48xsQPsJ&imgurl=www.earthtimes.org/newsimage/samsung_creates_1295.jpg]Samsung Electronics Latest News about Samsung today unveiled a new flash memory chip it says will double storage capacity on portable music players and other mobile devices.

Memory cards containing multiple 16-gigabit NAND chips mean "you will be able to take your entire music and personal video libraries with you," Chang-Gyu Hwang, president of the company's semiconductor operations, told reporters.
    Major Density

For example, the company said that by combining 16 such devices on a memory card with a density of up to 32-gigabytes it would be possible to store 200 years worth of an average-sized daily newspaper, 8,000MP3 music files or 20 DVD movies.

The company said it plans to begin mass producing the chips in the second half of 2006.

Source: http://www.technewsworld.com/story/46046.html[/news]
    Last edited by tesco; 09-14-2005 at 02:08 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    that's absolutely amazing

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    They already started using NAND gates on the 2gig and 4gig iPod nanos. 16 gigs blows my mind! To put things into perspective, the HD in my first computer was 528 MB.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Poster
    my first hard drive was 6 gigs and i thought that was big at the time , now its obsolete, a dvd holds 6 gigs , lol , samsung is great cant wait to get my hands on a 32 gig usb drive WOW

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by suterb
    They already started using NAND gates on the 2gig and 4gig iPod nanos. 16 gigs blows my mind! To put things into perspective, the HD in my first computer was 528 MB.

Ya funny mine was 850 mb with a big 16 mb of memory , oh for the good old times .