Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talabani visits U.S. ...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its a vicious circle...

US Treasury - Iraq/Military - US Companies ran by Bush's cronies - Directors/Shareholders of said companies - US Treasury.....

Oh, wait a minute, they dont pay all those taxes now, do they?

But The Carlyle Group has managed to find a £1million per annum job for Blaire when he's ready, so thats alright then.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-15-2005 at 04:33 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Once they come to the States, they lose all standing in their native country, as far as I'm concerned.

Common sense tells me that is not true. My brother-in-law is Norwegian and maintains close contact with friends and family in Norway. So you are wrong there. Damnit that was fun to say! More like they are still speaking out but no one is listening. And to that I would have to ask why not? What have I missed here? I don't like it when I feel I am only getting a one sided view of things. Makes me suspicious, uncomfortable....like there is something there under the surface of things I am missing.

Same with the Jews. You know, I have been giving this a lot of thought since you posted about that woman, I can't remember her name. What was her name? Since you posted her recommendations and speech to the UN. That struck me. Why would someone have to do this..? Why were there not immediate denials from the UN about this? I would have never heard about it had you not posted it on here. What is up with that? By golly, if my country was treating people this way, .... .... well, that fact would have been in my face day in, day out. I live right smack dab in the center of the conservative Bible belt (and I might mention, if anyone cares, that is a whole different experience than you read about in the press ). You would have thought that article would have been paraded all over the press here. I had to read it on here.

Let the U.N. handle that stuff-they're good at that sort of thing.
    Not so sure about that now. Would like to be rid of this helping other country's peoples and start concentrating more on helping ourselves. Feel kind of selfish thinking that way. I really do. All the tax money spent on helping these Iraqi people achieve democracy could have been put to use here. How can we justify the loss of our lives, too, and other country's lives? I don't want to sound heartless, but I will have to say that at least with democracy, maybe in the long run the Iraqi's will have hope of the end of all the killing. They didn't have.. that hope with Saddam. Guess I am just becoming a selfish American. Have to say I wish I trusted the UN more. It should be their job, shouldn't it? But if I am remembering right, they don't even have enough juevos to enforce their own sanctions do they? Didn't Saddam basically laugh at them? Well, I would like a stronger UN, one everyone feels they could trust, I guess. I am starting to think that is impossible, though.
    Hmmm.

I have been fielding a losing argument imitating the hoi polloi.

I am therefore bound to cease the charade.

HUZZAH!!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Its a vicious circle...

US Treasury - Iraq/Military - US Companies ran by Bush's cronies - Directors/Shareholders of said companies - US Treasury.....

But The Carlyle Group has managed to find a £1million per annum job for Blaire when he's ready, so thats alright then.
    Methinks I spotted a Freudian slip prior to your edit, Rat.

Viscous circle, indeed!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Its a vicious circle...

Viscous circle, indeed!
    It's that too.. a circle made by slimey crap

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

Viscous circle, indeed!
    Oh.

I thought you were referencing the "oil" question...

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16

Oh.

See? A slip that is true is oh so many ways...

And you recognised it as such.

Thank you for pointing this out.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

Oh.

See? A slip that is true is oh so many ways...

And you recognised it as such.

Thank you for pointing this out.
    It is my functioning imperative.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12