Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOD32, ist good?

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    hey i just removed NIS and thought to use Windows FireWall and move to NOD32 for my virus protection, i heared lot about it and have few questions before i move on.
    i check thier site and it seems that Nod32 files size so small, arround 89 Mb, why is that? the protection it gives can it be compared to NortonAV? or its just for small time protection?
    what about work arrounds, u know... the crack stuffs?
    how good its in auto update?
    atlast how much resourses it eats?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    It rocks compared to NAV imho. I use it. It's a full fledged AV. Although I'll admit it's somewhat difficult to setup properly. And a workaround is available. And very, very low resources.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    NOD32 is the best, lowest resources I've seen in a AV, very small updates, and it catches more than norton ever did, it can be tricky to set-up if you dont know what it all means, but it shouldnt be much of a problem
    Last edited by Leeson; 09-16-2005 at 05:42 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Forget about the crack stuff, and use avg. Isn't the best but its low on resources and its free.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga
    Forget about the crack stuff, and use avg. Isn't the best but its low on resources and its free.
    avg sucks, and it is not low on resources

nod32 is the best there is. it's the lowest on resources. my nod is using up 1.016mb of ram right now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    NOD32 won an award as the AV with the lowest resources that can drain from your pc!

Is VERY good with its auto updates (mine updates with an average 3-4 times per week!)

It has as many virus/malicus definitions as NAV if not more!

It catches more viruses, trojans or whatever 100% more accurate than NAV!

I combine it with ad-aware ad-watch.... Not a single thread passed through my pc!

Honestly NOD32 is great;-------->if not the best!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I love NOD32 and trust it to protect my computer.
    Doesn't cause any slowdowns, which all av's except for avg have done for me (avg doesn't catch some viruses, so i dont like it).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    hey rossco u mean the auto protect right? or scanning.
    anyway one question, there is a new version out(2.51) on the web site it says winxp 64bit but where i downloaed it it doesnt mention that its for 64bit, can it be installed on 32bit>?

hey one thing, NOD32 has IMON... ist like firewall? and somehow azures transfers(up/down) werent going on, stutes were ok but no transfers, after disabling IMON it went ok, could it be confiliction between windows firewall and IMON, or its just NOD32?
    Last edited by BawA; 09-17-2005 at 11:33 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    there is a known bug with IMON and BT (https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t84261.html).

Windows firewall is crap, and Sygate or Zone Alarm will provide much better protection
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    hey rossco u mean the auto protect right? or scanning.
    anyway one question, there is a new version out(2.51) on the web site it says winxp 64bit but where i downloaed it it doesnt mention that its for 64bit, can it be installed on 32bit>?

hey one thing, NOD32 has IMON... ist like firewall? and somehow azures transfers(up/down) werent going on, stutes were ok but no transfers, after disabling IMON it went ok, could it be confiliction between windows firewall and IMON, or its just NOD32?
    If you dont have 64bit then get the normal version (for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP - standard)

IMON is the resident internet monitor not a firewall, NOD32 does not have a firewall.... I would recomend Zonealarm for a firewall, but everyone has their own favourites
    Last edited by Leeson; 09-17-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast