Thread: Sig2dat

i know how to use sig2dat, but i never get a download. all i ever get is searching..... i have k++ version 2.0.3v
    why don't any of the sig2dats ever get a file to actually download?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Sig2Dat works great, if you can find sources. Most of the files being ripped and shared here, don't have alot of sources. The sig2dat files will make it easier to get a verified file, but there are faster methods. Be patient, the files will get to you, but only after they spread out across the network. Usually any sig2dat that I have used has found sources within a week's time. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    A WEEKS TIME... i was hoping for something better. I prefer sig2dat to avoid getting the fake files, but i didn't know it was so time consumming.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Well you can 'use' sig2dat in other ways. Look at its file name and its size, then just search for whatever you want and try to match the files you get with the sig2dat stat's. Then just find users with lots of bandwidth to download frmo to try and bypass all the sig2dat waiting. Granted this won't always work but it will help you get those common files which take a while with sig2dat.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by remerg@15 April 2003 - 00:08
    i know how to use sig2dat, but i never get a download. all i ever get is searching..... i have k++ version 2.0.3v
    u have to wait for the sources dude some times it takes days to find the source

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by remerg@14 April 2003 - 18:08
    You could always use the search feature and compare the Sig2Dat file size to those found to get the exact file. Sig2Dat does take a while, but doing a manual search/compare for the same size has worked many times for me.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"