Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new football(soccer) jersey

Brentford lost.

^^^Spoiler above

^^^Crap interweb joke above

£50 shirt? I paid £13 and that included delivery for my Offical Brazil Robinho shirt with the tags, labels and everything. £17 for my Kaka one. £10 for my Lampard England one and £15 for my new Chelsea Robben shirt. All brand new with tags and offical.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    £50 shirt? I paid £13 and that included delivery for my Offical Brazil Robinho shirt with the tags, labels and everything. £17 for my Kaka one. £10 for my Lampard England one and £15 for my new Chelsea Robben shirt. All brand new with tags and offical.

Those are cheap - where did you get them from ?

Thanks for the results info!!
    Signature removed

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Ebay, although i must admit i've had a few fakes along the way, but after a complaint i've got my money back. I ordered a England lampard shirt and got a Rooney one and the shirt colour was 'cream' and had no badge on it

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by soopaman
    So you haven't got anything constructive to say about the exploitative prices imposed on fans like yourself??

As for footwear - we have things called shoes in England (and much of the rest of the world) - they traditionally aren't covered in logos, except maybe if you go for cheap brands like Kickers or whatever. As for trainers - its a problem but I mostly go for Adidas (as long as they are made in Europe) - but I've been wearing Adidas trainers since the 1970's so I am not about to change that.

So what DO you think about being ripped off £40-£50 for a £2 shirt made in a sweat-shop in the Far East ?? Surely the exploitation of the young and poor isn't something you would want your beloved Swansea to be involved with? It's a sad fact that modern day football has become a merchandising bonanza, and I know clubs need the cash to pay the wages to attract the top players (which is a discussion for another day - lol) but there has to be a better way !!

Did Swansea win today at Hartlepool - I havent seen the results for any games yet ?? If Brentford lose you will get a nice lead at the top of the table.
    I'm not a Swansea fan but I do follow their results. They drew 2-2 today, had the best of the game, by all accounts - it's a difficult trip oop there too.

I would prefer if people weren't ripped off wrt football shirts but the only thing one can do to protest is buy off the interweb, which is what I do. The most recent shirt I bought was a AC Milan shirt (for the CL final ) - it cost £8 on EBay. What other people do is up to them but the option of not getting ripped off is there. At least for the bigger clubs.

As to wearing advertising logos, it seems you're a tad hypocritical, but that's okay, I would have been shocked if you weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by you
    I mostly wear clothes with no heavy labelling - such as CP Company or Paul Smith. I certainly don't wear Chav brands - which i'm sure you are aware of living in Swansea.
    Even if I did live in Swansea, how would I know that you don't wear chav brands. I simply assumed that because of your stance on logos that you wouldn't be wearing any brand that showed it's label.

It appears I mis-judged your integrity, but as I said, I quite expected it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    thanks for the names you guys, but I never realised how I dont have a favourite team. I try to stay away from band wagon jumping. I think I like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Soccer-Jerse...QQcmdZViewItem

I think I should first ask what team to support. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like a fool around everybody. You all have a team that you watch, I just find a top team and hang with them for a bit.

Speaking of teh Robben i just finished my new sigs.

Whatcha think?

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quality sigs. I think the top one is teh best.

Altho' it should be just the Chelsea crest, rather than a player. Only kids put players in their sigs.

Apparently
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    I was gonna use teh 1337 scriptage so a different one appeared each time you refreshed. Might do one for every one of my Chelsea starting 11 or something. My Cech one im using now needs a bit of work, just don't look right to me.

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I was gonna use teh 1337 scriptage so a different one appeared each time you refreshed. Might do one for every one of my Chelsea starting 11 or something. My Cech one im using now needs a bit of work, just don't look right to me.
    Didn't know you could use script in sigs, but that sounds pretty cool.

Cech looks like he's playing soccer in a ghetto

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    MY grandma's comming from Hounslow(london) this thursday , are jersey's cheap in London? Maybe I'll ask her to bring one.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @soopaman mabye your not a true fan ? Even little ones want #11 Van Nistelrooy . Its fun and happens in any sport .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast