Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new football(soccer) jersey

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    My ronaldo jersey is getting small and so is my Kaiserslautern(it was a christmas present [2003]). I gave my Ronaldo jersey to my sister and I love my Kaiserslautern as its my first soccer jersey. Right now, the only jersey I can think of is trezeguet, deco, larsson or Adriano. I would like to stick away from old players such as Nesta, Makelele, Figo etc. I want a young to mid age (20-27). I was wondering if you guys had an idea of a good jersey to get.

BTW: I usually buy them off ebay

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Robben shirt (Number 16 for Chelsea or 19 for Holland)
    Robinho shirt (Number 10 for Real Madrid)
    Rooney shirt (Number 8 for Man Utd or 9 for England)
    Lampard shirt (Number 8 for Chelsea or 8 for England.

Personally i'd get a Robben Chelsea shirt but thats cause support Chelsea. If you want a Brazil shirt i'd get a Kaka one (Number 8) he plays for AC Milan, is like 21 years old and one of the best players in the world.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    PS, Good to see he's lost so much age, must be the training.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why not check out the U20 players ? Like Freddie Abu or that Turk sensation ? can't remember his name.

Preezy I googled u20 soccer players , I got you in this link : First one I might add .

Sorry maebach, you there too kid .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=freddi...S:ohmy:fficial
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-17-2005 at 03:22 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Freddy Adu is good as are the up and coming U20's but no one knows there names. None of them play for major teams either. I'd go with a 21-24 year old good decent player, like the following:

Robinho
    Kaka
    Adriano
    SWP
    Robben
    Cech
    Ronaldo (The Man Utd one)
    Torres
    Eto's

If you don't mind someone who's 25-28 theres:

Deco
    Ronaldinho
    Duff
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Alonso
    Xavi
    Owen

and so on...

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Why have someone elses name on your back? Only kids have names printed on t-shirts. What's most important is the club, which is for life - not the player who judging by recent transfers (Ferdinand, Rooney, Essien) probably has more in common with Judas Iscariot than you.

"soccerscene" on Carnaby St in London stocks a great range of domestic and Foreign shirts so maybe try their website for some inspiration.

http://www.soccerscene.com/shop/scripts/index.asp
    Signature removed

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by soopaman
    Why have someone elses name on your back? Only kids have names printed on t-shirts. What's most important is the club, which is for life - not the player who judging by recent transfers (Ferdinand, Rooney, Essien) probably has more in common with Judas Iscariot than you.
    I don't know about that - I have at least one shirt with Giggs and the number eleven on the back. He's been at the club all of his professional career.

You buy a shirt because of your favourite team - by the same token, there is nothing wrong with getting a player's name on the back because he's your favourite team member.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Names on shirts are for kids and post-Euro 96 fans. You don't need an overpriced piece of nylon ,with someone elses name on the back and a corporate advertisement on the front, to support a team. Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.
    Signature removed

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by soopaman
    Names on shirts are for kids and post-Euro 96 fans. You don't need an overpriced piece of nylon ,with someone elses name on the back and a corporate advertisement on the front, to support a team. Take the "casual" movement as an example - no replica kits to be seen but no-one would really question their commitment to the team. Each to their own though.
    Do you go to a lot of football matches. More people wear shirts with names on the back than do not.

Have you seen the shirt sales when a new player is signed. Don't tell me that these are all Dads buying shirts for their kids.

As it is, I only have the one shirt with a name on the back - which I bought some time ago, but I would never say that the practice is only for kids. It's blatantly not.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast