Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to know badluck? READ!

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    We had a hurricane rip through kent in october some years back,that was pretty scary,probably no where near the magnitude you are facing,but stay cool you can replace things,but you only have one life.
    The weather is unpredictable,it may miss altogether,stay positive and stay safe
    I was living in Eastbourne at the time....the carnage the next day was incredible, although nothing on the scale you Americans have to suffer....

Didn't Sevenoaks become 3 oaks overnight?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Actually it became Oneoaks!

http://www.sevenoaks-life.co.uk/inde...leview/69/1/1/

The Seven Oaks of Sevenoaks
    The current seven oaks are on the northern side of the Vine Cricket Ground. The average life of an oak tree is approximately 250 years and so the oaks have been replaced several times. In 1902 seven oaks were planted on The Vine to commemorate the Coronation of King Edward VII.

During the hurricane of 1987 six of these were blown down and Sevenoaks became "Oneoaks". Surprisingly, seven new oaks were planted which means there are now eight oaks! There is also a group of oaks near the White Hart pub on the Tonbridge that were planted in 1955 to replace some that were dying.

The town's motto is "Floreant Septum Quercus" - " May the Seven Oaks Flourish "

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Well it missed my area it ended up going North but there is still a chance. We left today but we decided to come back because of it missing.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    you see? got freaked for nothing.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    You americans are fucked... Royally.
    Last edited by S!X; 09-23-2005 at 07:39 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    Now here is some BADLUCK! I live on the coast of Texas and the hurrican is headed straight for us. Well I have to evacuate if it doesn't turn around and have it's ass back the other way. If it does come I loose all my stuff except for those that are coming with me. Another thing is I get to spend my Senior year in a different place how shitty is that? VERY!!! I just built a computer and tried to sell it on ebay... Guess what!!!! No bids... I feal like shit right now. Most painfull thing is a bunch of people from Louisiana have just moved in my town with NEW HOUSES and guess what!! They find that ANOTHER damn hurricane is headed this way just to break down their houses AGAIN!!! Anyone live in San Antonio Texas? Thats where I have to evacuate. I have a WHOLE bunch of other things to rant about but you should understand what a shitty situation im in right now.
    Boo-fucking-Hoo

Millions of people don't have a home, they don't eat infact most of them don't even drink clean water and they can't get jobs because people like you don't want to buy fair trade products because they cost $1 extra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12