Thread: S Video Cable

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I am getting an s video cable so I can connect my graphics card to my tv but I am not sure what socket it will go into the tv... any tips on what to look for

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    do you have the three AV plugs on your TV?

you're supposed to plug the s-video into a composite extension, then into the yellow plug on the AV in on the TV. like

if you don't have the AV ports you can buy a scart adapter that turns your scart into an AV adapter. you'll probably already have one because most games console have one.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    well looks like my tv doesnt have an s/video (PIECE OF S***) so I need to get one that connect to scart instead of s/video (does anybody know the name of it?)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

S video to composite adaptor.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebi
    well looks like my tv doesnt have an s/video (PIECE OF S***) so I need to get one that connect to scart instead of s/video (does anybody know the name of it?)
    use an s-video-to-scart adapter, then.

this should work.

this should be okay, too.

i doubt it has much to do with s-video being inferior or superior to scart... as far as i can tell, it's just two different methods of delivering the same type of signal. it's just that different regions use different connection types in order to limit the import/export of TVs & video equipment. and then PC video cards are also designed primarily with the u.s.a. & asian markets in mind, unfortunately for u.k. people. it'd be a bit unwieldy to put a scart connector on video cards, anyway, considering many of 'em already have VGA & DVI on 'em, there's just no room for scart in addition to those. so... just use an adapter.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 09-22-2005 at 07:45 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    u need to get an S-Video to VIdeo cable dude, I dont think many TV's S-Video in... u get e converter which is pretty cheap...