Thread: WinRAR gone mad

Anyone ever had a self-extracting RAR file come up like this before?

Last edited by Leeson; 09-25-2005 at 07:53 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    it asks were you want to extract the files..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Maybe the self extracting rar was made by someone who was typing in characters your PC doesn't support. Like whenever I visit japanese websites, all I see are question marks everywhere instead of the japanese characters in text..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    well it was a motherboard manual (english) from the MSI website, just seemed wierd to me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I've seen that beofre too, it's just that it was created with a language pack you dont have.

Doesn't matter because it still works fine anyway.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cheers for clearing that up rossco, it was very strange, but at least it made me laugh

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    For safety reasons, however, I might still consider extracting the contents into a "safe" area/folder of it's own without running anything until an inspection.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Maybe the self extracting rar was made by someone who was typing in characters your PC doesn't support. Like whenever I visit japanese websites, all I see are question marks everywhere instead of the japanese characters in text..
    if you wanna see the japanese characters: http://home.comcast.net/~kagamix2/xp...e_setting.html
    you just need to do the first step in part A. even with the japanese language files installed, some sites will still show gibberish. to fix that, using firefox, view > character encoding > japanese.