Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look at my new ride

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I finally got my new/used sportbike its a Susi GS500 Vroom Vroom
    Last edited by hippychick; 09-26-2005 at 12:34 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Nice you should change your location to "In front of you " .

3. Lounge   -   #3
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Nice one HC... lovely bike I am envious, mine is a bit of a nail.... next year.......

Went out for a ride on mine yesterday, and as soon as I cocked over me leg....the bloody rain started coming down....bugger Made it to the pub to dry out and had a very nice meal. By the time we had finished eating...the bloody sun was shining all innocent like.....grrrrrr

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Wow That am pretty,you'll have to change your name as well to Bykerchick ,sweet

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    HippyChick!!!.........you got a Goose

Nippy

@Sara.... what bike did you get?

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Hey Jonno,

My baby looks very much like this without the stickers. I do like a V-twin, sounds lovely and looks so pretty. (Shame about the Superdream type bodywork styling but meh...)

Honda VT500

It is my 230 quid ebay bargain, runs a treat now and sailed through its MOT. Just needed new forks (50 quid) and the carbs cleaning (carbs on, carbs off, carbs on, carbs off.........about 5 times!)

The idea being that I get back into biking (10 year break) and then get something better.
    Last edited by sArA; 09-26-2005 at 02:26 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Oh thats right, the early shadow
    And hey! there's nothing wrong with superdreams, I had teh 400

£50 for forks = bargain, cost me £30 just for the seals as for carbs, well taking them off and putting them on with vtwins is a nightmare so rather you than me

So once you back into the swing of things what you thinking about getting?

Jonno

8. Lounge   -   #8
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier

theres mine..

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Oh thats right, the early shadow
    Not exactly, same engine but the Shadow is the Chop version

And hey! there's nothing wrong with superdreams, I had teh 400
    The 400 was always better than the 250...but the Dream was better than all of em imo.

£50 for forks = bargain, cost me £30 just for the seals as for carbs, well taking them off and putting them on with vtwins is a nightmare so rather you than me
    The forks were a bargain, but from a breakers and not brilliant, had to respray em to make em look arf decent. I am now officially a dab hand at cleaning carbs, definately a 2 handed job getting em back on though...bloody offset so worse than normal.

So once you back into the swing of things what you thinking about getting?

Jonno
    I was originally thinking of a Guzzi V50 or even le mans Mk1 but I keep seeing an imaculate old Kwack Z750 near me and I find myself drawn.....As you can tell I like me classic old 1980's road bikes.

Having said that, quite like the Ducati Monsters, and my mate has a Suzuki SV650S which is nice too. Bandits are ok but I have noticed that the ones I like most are the big naked 1100's. I think they might be a bit big for me....Oh and I like the retro Triumphs....the Thruxton is beautiful. Have you seen the Rocket 3???? Oh my god! A car engine in a bike! Stunning though.

I guess I will have to see what comes up cheap on Ebay. as this doing up the bike thing was such fun....love the smell of engine oil.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Not exactly, same engine but the Shadow is the Chop version
    I know s'why I said early

The 400 was always better than the 250...but the Dream was better than all of em imo.
    Never!! my 400 1984, 27k just been done up by a mate, like you say, basically looks like yours lol but, now if you'd said 400/4....

The forks were a bargain, but from a breakers and not brilliant, had to respray em to make em look arf decent. I am now officially a dab hand at cleaning carbs, definately a 2 handed job getting em back on though...bloody offset so worse than normal.
    Yeah I know, only done mine once, never again. Got right snotty with it
    Getting them out isn't too bad on mine, but dropping them back in?...anyone here with 8 pairs of hands?

I was originally thinking of a Guzzi V50 or even le mans Mk1 but I keep seeing an imaculate old Kwack Z750 near me and I find myself drawn.....As you can tell I like me classic old 1980's road bikes.
    Z750.........Z750!!!! do it do it do it do it

Or a Z1

Having said that, quite like the Ducati Monsters, and my mate has a Suzuki SV650S which is nice too. Bandits are ok but I have noticed that the ones I like most are the big naked 1100's. I think they might be a bit big for me....Oh and I like the retro Triumphs....the Thruxton is beautiful. Have you seen the Rocket 3???? Oh my god! A car engine in a bike! Stunning though.

I guess I will have to see what comes up cheap on Ebay. as this doing up the bike thing was such fun....love the smell of engine oil.
    Yeah retros are cool, not much of a triumph fan meself and wouldn't go bandit under 1100.
    If you really wanna road monster then get a V-Max
    I soooooooo nearly bought one of them cheap but had probs with cam and possibly crank probs, I just saw pound signs falling from my pockets

I want one

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-26-2005 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast