Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sack of Rome

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Is looting so bad?
    Maybe not...

Have you anything I'd want?
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-28-2005 at 07:37 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I was reading today the Police Chief of New Orleans quit ? Hard to blame him solely for the fact some cops went AWOL and rest of the anarchy . But it starts at the top I guess , still I admire him.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I was reading today the Police Chief of New Orleans quit ? Hard to blame him solely for the fact some cops went AWOL and rest of the anarchy . But it starts at the top I guess , still I admire him.
    Why?

For quitting?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Why?

For quitting?

No for taking the blame , not like some politicians that had to be forced out
    then later want to point fingers . Does n't shit run down hill ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Why?

For quitting?

No for taking the blame , not like some politicians that had to be forced out
    then later want to point fingers . Does n't shit run down hill ?
    Sometimes gravity doesn't apply.

I actually felt for the guy, even though when you talk New Orleans, the corruption is assumed, especially with the police.

Still, I wouldn't say he would have done any but his best in this situation, but, considering that a huge wad of his personnel skipped out for any variety of reasons...

Sounded from his statement that he was ready to go for reasons not limited to recent events, and in reality there was nothing to stay for, because there was no call for a proper police department any time soon, nor for the foreseeable future...not much for him to do but suffer the slings and arrows.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    I think having the Mayor at his side was proof enough of his honour and commitment .

I like you felt for him reading about it .

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I think having the Mayor at his side was proof enough of his honour and commitment .

I like you felt for him reading about it .
    Hmmmpf.

I hear today Nagin fought with him behind closed doors and fired him, at which point he held a press conference to announce that after conferring with Men of the Cloth, he decided to resign.

How little we know...

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12