Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Bush be arrested for crimes against humanity by the UN?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Crimes against humanity ? Lets start with the UN's council and cronies and their oil for money scam .

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Actually its a grey area.

As Bush was a Head of State he cant be.

However there are also former heads of State that have been arrested and are undergoing trial from the International Court.

Saddam isnt being tried by the International Court, hes being tried by the Iraqi's... much simpler legally speaking.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    i asked this question in the drawing room in hope of an answer

but here you have it
    un law
    http://www.un.org/law/
    Be more Pacific and not Atlantic.

Where's the law in your link?

Also, didn't Saddam invade Kuwait years ago? Where was his arrest then? Did he not have crimes against humanity?

If sanctions were enough then for Saddam and he was trying to take over the country of Kuwait, how is Bush worthy of arrest when he is not trying to take over the country?

If the insurgents in Iraq wanted the US gone, all they'd have to do is chill out until after the election and we'd be gone. They can then mount a Coo Day Ta.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    @busyman you have still not answered the question

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    @busyman you have still not answered the question

Of course he could but who's got the balls to do it ? Norway......please !

Christ Airforce One, is bigger than that country . By the way what would Norway hope to gain ?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Of course he could but who's got the balls to do it ? Norway......please !

Christ Airforce One, is bigger than that country . By the way what would Norway hope to gain ?
    Which is precisely the point:

Could they?

To ask this unrealistic question is to risk the unrealistic answer.

To ask the question as a realistic proposal is to beg a response such as peat's.

To ask such a question seriously is to be seriously non-serious.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    they could bring it to a vote, but the US could veto it

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    they could bring it to a vote, but the US could veto it
    Another point arguing against unreality.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I doubt very much the UN can do much to punish the US, as long as they don't recognise the validity of the International Court.

Apparently there was a case some years back where there were produced massive amounts of evidence of American terrorist involvement in different countries, presented before the International Court.

The reason why the US refused to accept the International Court as a legal body is precisely because they knew these countries had rock solid evidence against them, and that in a trial they would most probably lose.

The information above is mostly taken from Noam Chomsky (freely from my head), an American linguist and political activist with solid and sound argumentations, which I happen to very much agree with.

Check out some of his "documentaries" and books on the matter (like for instance "Rebel without a Pause") - http://www.chomskytorrents.org/Torrents.php

The point though lies in the fact that the US don't acknowledge the International Court (and correct me if I'm wrong), which leaves the UN more or less incapacitated as far as any punishment of US terrorist activities goes.... I do not know who would be held physically responsible if such a trial were to commence, Bush one can hope.
    Last edited by ahctlucabbuS; 09-29-2005 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Link

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS
    I doubt very much the UN can do much to punish the US, as long as they don't recognise the validity of the International Court.

Apparently there was a case some years back where there were produced massive amounts of evidence of American terrorist involvement in different countries, presented before the International Court.

The reason why the US refused to accept the International Court as a legal body is precisely because they knew these countries had rock solid evidence against them, and that in a trial they would most probably lose.

The information above is mostly taken from Noam Chomsky (freely from my head), an American linguist and political activist with solid and sound argumentations, which I happen to very much agree with.

Check out some of his "documentaries" and books on the matter (like for instance "Rebel without a Pause") - http://www.chomskytorrents.org/Torrents.php

The point though lies in the fact that the US don't acknowledge the International Court (and correct me if I'm wrong), which leaves the UN more or less incapacitated as far as any punishment of US terrorist activities goes.... I do not know who would be held physically responsible if such a trial were to commence, Bush one can hope.
    Your deductions vis a vis the topic are apt and on-point.

Bringing Chomsky into matters marginalizes your post, but...well, I'll leave him to you.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast