Thread: WinRAR Corrupt Volumes

mexican geek
    Greetings guys.

This is my first post in this forum. Hope you will understand me, my english isnt so good.

I came here searching on the net about this problem: i had downloaded GTA san andreas (hoodlum), now i want to unrar al the 85 files. I selected all of the rar files, then try to unpack them. But i have problems always that i try to do it:
    Packed data CRC failed in "bla bla bla". The volume is corrupt

First time i had the problem with 46 and 64, the next attempt with other number. This was yesterday. Today i have the same problem with numbers 46 and 64. As i read in another topic, i tried to check if the files are wrong using Quick Par.

I did this:
    1) Right clic on one of the damaged files, then "quick par", "create recovery volumes".
    2) Clic on the "create" button". It says "successfully created on 16 seconds".
    3) Clic on verify, it says "no repair needed" (another window appear).
    4) Clic on open, then choose every one of the 5 files created by Quick Par.

Quick Par says that all those 5 files dont need repair.

Also I tried with azareus the "force check" or something like that, but when i open the torrent file an error appear. I will try to fix it. ALso i have a theory about bad memory ram (i have 2 of 256MB), and i had downloaded a microsoft memory test (it says it will be in all the night, maybe i will do it tomorrow).

So what can i do??? i had download it in 2 weeks and a half with a 256 Kbps internet connection. I dont want to lose this big file. Also i broke the all time record in el betoe's download history (it was 1.5 GB).

Hope somebody can give me ideas of how to fix this problem. Cya.
    Tutorials, videos, and much more stuff for download at my site (in spanish).

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    'create recovery volumes' is only when you want to upload stuff on usenet.

you need to download par2 files to fix the incomplete .rar files.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    how and where do u find a PAR2 file... is there a website or somethin!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    it should be with the rest of your downloads. did you download an nzb or did you download manually?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    It was never mentioned that the file was downloaded from newsgroups.Par files seem to be just particular to newsgroups or a selective few irc channels.If you can't find the par files you may have to go to an "incompete" irc channel and re download the individual corrupt files and replace them.Prefer newsgroups and the par files myself ....you may want to go to the newsgroup section and read the tutorials on grabit and par files https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f79-Newsgroups.html good luck

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mexican geek
    Thanks by your help guys. I really dont know what to do. Can I replace the corrupted files (2 in my case, 46 and 64) for a new ones (0 MB), then try to download them again with a bittorrent client? Also I will try to search for an IRC channel.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mexican geek
    I had not obtained the par2 files i need. So i will have the gta hoodlum for a bit time, if someone need par2 files (except 46 and 64 files) i can send them to u, but i need the 2 corrupted i have.

So hope someone in this galaxy will help me, and if someone need help with this, just post it here.

Let the force be with u.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    If your using Newsgroups you can regrab the files or get the par2 files.
    If you have IRC you can go to to an incomplete channel read HERE then.
    If using BitTorrent get the torrent again and use a client that can choose the parts you need...
    Last edited by RealitY; 10-04-2005 at 05:59 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mexican geek
    thx reality. I dont know how to use the newsgroups, my IRC client dont have that option (azureus) but IRC seems nice. I will try to do it in that way, based on this good topic:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showt...8&page=2&pp=10

ITs difficult to me coz this isnt my first language, and i didnt knew terms like binaries etc... Hope i will have luck on IRC.