Thread: Burned PS2 Game Won't Play...

Poster
    Hey guys,

Hopefully, as usual you can rescue from myself here lol. OK, I recently downloaded FIFA Football 2006 for PS2. However, when I go to play it on my chipped ps2...it won't read it and takes me to the screen where the memory card manager is and the picture of the gold disc.

The file [which I got from torrentspy], turned out to be .001, .002 etc. I extracted the .001 file and burned the iso inside it with alcohol 120%.

Anyone able to tell me why my ps2 won't play the darn thing?

Thanks,
    Ricey

2. Games   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Did you burn it as an image or as data?

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Well, in alcohol I went to "Image burning wizard" so I guess I burned it as image...

EDIT: That sounded kind of cheeky...didn't mean it like that! lol...sorry
    Last edited by Ricey; 10-01-2005 at 10:09 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Well have you tried a different disk?
    Have you tried using Nero instead?
    Is the file you downloaded, verified as working?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    I haven't tried a different disc...I've been using the same dvds since I got my DVD burner and have always wroked fine so I doubt that's the problem.

I'm trying it with nero right now. But I should note that when I selected the image, nero found it as a "foreign image" ... is this anything to worry about?

And I don't know if it's been verified...but the torrent had a lot of seeds and downloaders so - it has to be working to be hosted and shared by so many, right? Anyway, there was a .sfv with it and I understand this is used to verify it - is that right?

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey

And I don't know if it's been verified...but the torrent had a lot of seeds and downloaders so - it has to be working to be hosted and shared by so many, right? Anyway, there was a .sfv with it and I understand this is used to verify it - is that right?
    No, especially not on a syte torrent site like TorrentSpy.

That just means the files are the same that the seeders have, it doesn't mean that the game will work. Try it with a different disc, try it at different speeds and so on.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    OK, It's working. I burned it with nero on a slower speed.

Sorry for wasting your time guys ... and thanks for the replies

8. Games   -   #8
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    When you download a file in RAR format, it is broken down into the r01,r02... files, those arent what you extract, as they are often incomplete chunks of the whole file. Within the directory with the r01, r02... files there will be a RAR File, this is what you use to extract the whole file, this coordinates all of the r01, r02... files together and extracts using all of the information, the data will be become corrupted/incomplete if you extract from just a r01, r02... file.

9. Games   -   #9
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Maybe the disk was messed up or something. Sometimes like you did u have to burn it at a slower speed. Did you read the instructions