Thread: Smoother Xp

Is there a file that i can search for in k+++ that gives me information how i could make my Windows XP HE go smoother (faster), or could you guys give me some hints.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i can recomend disabling the XP fisherprice effects ... that blue yellow crap.. go to the normal windows mode

possibly a RAM upgrade if you only have 128MB

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Sly_Cooper@15 April 2003 - 22:06
    Is there a file that i can search for in k+++ that gives me information how i could make my Windows XP HE go smoother (faster), or could you guys give me some hints.
    Go to www.Blackviper.com.
    Look under "Operating systems" and choose XP.
    He gives very detailed info on three different configurations you might want to try.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by mr_tiki@15 April 2003 - 22:57
    i can recomend disabling the XP fisherprice effects ...
    Jesus Christ! I finally found out what that theme looked like, "Fisher Price". That is funny. You took the words I was thinkng of.
    Good One!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sly_Cooper@15 April 2003 - 22:06
    There's always Win98

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    There are lots of ways to improve Windows XP's performance. First stop is Windows Update. Download all the latest updates/patches/service packs. The latest video drivers will help too. Download Cacheman 5.11 here, and run the wizard to set the best settings for you computer. Here is an excellent Windows site, with lots of articles on how to improve Windows performance.