Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a job interview tommorow...

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Good luck Canuk. Just be nice, look nice and give the impression that you are enthusiastic without being over the top. Be a watered down/meeting the girlfriend's parents version of yourself and you will be fine.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Good luck Canuk. Just be nice, look nice and give the impression that you are enthusiastic without being over the top. Be a watered down/meeting the girlfriend's parents version of yourself and you will be fine.
    Righto.

Show off your positives, hide the negatives, be clean, pleasant and interested.

Good luck.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Righto.

Show off your positives, hide the negatives, be clean, pleasant and interested.

Good luck.
    Can I just add at this point they WILL ask you something to the effect of...

"What are your weaknesses?"

Don't give a bog-standard answer like "I work to much" or "I spend too much time on presentation"... they've heard it all before. Think of something unique but at the same time make sure it's not something like "I tend to steal pens from work now and again". Make sure it's something you can improve on

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The people who give advice to others in this situation are usually the people who shouldn't be listened to.

If a person has a lot of experience with interviews, it can only mean that they didn't get the job - several times.

The people who got the job think that they shouldn't give advice because they've only had one or two interviews. However, they're the ones who aced it.

Catch 22.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I was an hour late for the interview in the job I am in....thing is, I think I was aced by them...they didn't tell me I would have to work for the bitch from hell.....I am looking for another one at the moment.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The people who give advice to others in this situation are usually the people who shouldn't be listened to.

If a person has a lot of experience with interviews, it can only mean that they didn't get the job - several times.

The people who got the job think that they shouldn't give advice because they've only had one or two interviews. However, they're the ones who aced it.

Catch 22.
    Or maybe these "people" have recruiting experience and are trying to help others avoid the pitfalls of missing out on a possible great job opportunity.

Think outside the box.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was an hour late for the interview in the job I am in....thing is, I think I was aced by them...they didn't tell me I would have to work for the bitch from hell.....I am looking for another one at the moment.
    Why on earth would you want to work with two bitches from hell
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai

Catch 22.
    Or maybe these "people" have recruiting experience and are trying to help others avoid the pitfalls of missing out on a possible great job opportunity.

Think outside the box.
    Hence my use of the word 'usually', nimrod.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Back to name calling again? I decided to take a break from this place because of your shit the last time and come back to the same shit from you all over again.

Get a life.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Why on earth would you want to work with two bitches from hell
    Bloody manker

(note to self, if manker is about, be specific or roddage will occur)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast