Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever been caught using torrents?

Since theres quite alot of stuff i would like to download like music and stuff i was wondering has anyone ever been caught like on p2p software? I just want to make sure its alright to do.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    When I am using p2p clients such as BitTorrent, I hardly ever download stuff that is illegal, I mainly download anime that is unlicensed, I raely ever download licensed anime, only reason I would is because the DVDs are too much.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Last edited by Lincoln-Imp; 10-22-2005 at 11:04 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln-Imp
    Re: Ever been caught using torrents?
    Wouldn't that upset Mr. Torrents?

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    nope. i've been doing torrents since april 2003. my 1st download was a svcd release of Matrix Reloaded. lol

i got my protection

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Lol yeah i got "protection" also . I've been using Bittorrent for over a year now. And i have downloaded and uploaded over 700GB's on it, ATLEAST...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    nope, I've been using p2p scince the old days of Napster, scince then I used WinMX, Audiogallaxy (before they got busted), DC++ and BitComet for torrents and never got caught

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    The only way not to get caught is not to do it,get yourself peerguardian and don't go round bragging to all and sundry about what you're doing.
    The big guns aren't interested in little fish like us,life would be so boring without some risk involved,so just say "fuck it" and go for it.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster

Dry

Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    The only way not to get caught is not to do it,get yourself peerguardian and don't go round bragging to all and sundry about what you're doing.
    The big guns aren't interested in little fish like us,life would be so boring without some risk involved,so just say "fuck it" and go for it.
    Not having a dig at you Gripper but Peerguardian wont do you any good at all with bittorrent, sure 'they' wont be able to connect to your machine (just like any decent firewall) but 'they' will still be able to see your IP address when 'they' connect to the torrent, therefore 'they' will know which ISP you use. Your ISP will be able to tell them which user got which IP address on which date/time and then the cops come round. If you are on broadband your IP doesnt change often (if at all) anyway.

But use it if it makes you feel better

The best bet (as I understand it) is to use private trackers (filelist etc) for most of the stuff and only use public trackers for stuff thats already in the public domain, tv episodes etc

But I do agree with the bit about not going around shooting your mouth off about what your doing. Yes, Fomula1, publicly admitting how much you download is a bit silly.

But hey, im sure the movie police dont read this board

Newgroups are the safest to download from, I understand.

Guys, I would be interested to know what 'protection' you use, seeing as proxys wont work with BT
    Last edited by QualityPapers; 10-05-2005 at 12:28 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Never mind,such is life

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast