Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Hack

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The lack of appreciation is exactly what we are trying to avoid. Those who obviously don't appreciate the work that we are doing here, are a constant drain to those who do the work for you...

Not only does the "Thank You" Hack provide the much needed gratitude, but the forced posting keeps the popular posts towards the top, so that people do not have to search through them...
    Between RealitY, MovBuff, {I}{K}{E}, Samurai, and myself, we post an entire page worth of stuff everyday, and the less popular ones die out due to inactivity. This also helps to gauge what sort of releases are going to be more worth posting...

Oh Yeah, Welcome to the forum.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jpope
    The requiring of a thank you post for an nzb is crap.

If it must be done, automate the post so it just automatically shows up in one thank-you message that says something like 'The following users have enjoyed this post:' and the list of downloaders.
    Ive seen other forums do similar and had considered it also although it would seem as though most are in favor of how it is now. I think maybe lightning it a bit may be a medium. Maybe if you already have a certain number of posts within the section in a day the required post for following grabs in that day would no longer be needed. The other thought is that the hack would be turned on and off from time to time. I do have to say though I cant imagine why it would be that irratating for you to post a simple Thank You though. I was also thinking a Thank You gif may be a good addition. Would be nice someone can make one for the board perhaps...
    Last edited by RealitY; 11-02-2005 at 06:29 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I agree that the mod makes it so the posters feel more appreciated, i would too.
    I just dont get why people dont thank on their own without being forced to. It's just common courtesy and they shouldn't have to be forced to do it.
    But still if there's something there it shows how popular the NZB file is atleast so that is a plus (shows exactly who downloaded it instead of the number of times downloaded).

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Is there anyway to make it so the newest posted nzb file are at the top and not the newest topics posted in? While I think a thank you should be in order, I don't think we should have to sort through the topics daily.
    Today is the day.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan
    Is there anyway to make it so the newest posted nzb file are at the top and not the newest topics posted in? While I think a thank you should be in order, I don't think we should have to sort through the topics daily.
    I agree, me and reality noticed this and are lookinginto a way to stop it from bumping.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Well I had mentioned to rossco that it would be nice if you could choose to view by last post or by thread starter and he mentioned he thought that was alread built which when I looked it is. Just go to the bottom of the page and select to view by Thread Starter and you should be all set...

EDIT: Thread starter appears to be the name of the posters not the time.
    I guess a little further look into this may be need then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RealitY; 11-02-2005 at 07:14 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Well I had mentioned to rossco that it would be nice if you could choose to view by last post or by thread starter and he mentioned he thought that was alread built which when I looked it is. Just go to the bottom of the page and select to view by Thread Starter and you should be all set...

EDIT: Thread starter appears to be the name of the posters not the time.
    I guess a little further look into this may be need then.
    Later I can see if I can add another option to those that will sort by thread start time.
    Not sure if it should be that by default in the NZB section or not.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    mammlouk
    Here's a quick shot at a thank you gif if you want to use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Decent though I was looking for something similar to the ones you see on some bt sites

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    mammlouk
    Not sure what those ones are like... can you post an example?

I did it the way I did thinking it kinda fits with the post icons used here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast