Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed Loser and million dollar homepage

Site Owner
    Anyone see these two sites. Seemingly dumb ideas which are making the owners a fortune:

http://www.UnemployedLoser.com
    You buy a link for as little as 50 cents and have it on the site permanantly. The top 10 donors also get their link, and image in the center of the page. The guy also has a pretty funny blog and FAQ. The guy has made about $200 in 2 days thus far, but seem to be getitng a ton of hits. (ps. I know this guy sort of from my home town)

Milliondollarhomepage.com
    You buy a 10/10 pixel square for $100. The guy has made over 270K already in about a 5 weeks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1
    You buy a 10/10 pixel square for $100. The guy has made over 270K already in about a 5 weeks.
    I did actually post an article on this yesterday, but I'm guessing one of your nazi mods removed it for some strange reason. I have a good idea who it was too, and it's pissing me off.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    I did actually post an article on this yesterday, but I'm guessing one of your nazi mods removed it for some strange reason. I have a good idea who it was too, and it's pissing me off.
    Perhaps they thought it was spam.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    IKE, right? You simply forgot to leave the usual peanut bribe.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Nah I posted it in the drawing room, because it was a legit news story / discussion for similar ideas. I got the story from Sky News and also posted it in another forum with some great responses.

I know a few people replied to it on here too. It's just upsetting that the same person keeps removing my posts, without even having the decency to say "you know what, sorry but i've removed your post for xxx reason" via PM. He keeps doing it, and it's been 4 posts now in 2 days.

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?
    Last edited by Samurai; 10-07-2005 at 03:21 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Nah I posted it in the drawing room, because it was a legit news story / discussion for similar ideas. I got the story from Sky News and also posted it in another forum with some great responses.

I know a few people replied to it on here too. It's just upsetting that the same person keeps removing my posts, without even having the decency to say "you know what, sorry but i've removed your post for xxx reason" via PM. He keeps doing it, and it's been 4 posts now in 2 days.

I'm not naming him, he knows who he is, and I'd like an explanation as to why this keeps happening on a regular basis?
    Seems weird that it was deleted.

I'd be pissed off.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

That's a bit off. I read about one of these sites on BBC news, seems like a legit Drawing Room topic to me. I mean, if I can make a topic about train seats...

With regards to the actual story (ies) I expect to see a ton of copycat sites pretty soon.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I guess this one won't be deleted. Even if it's the same as another thread considered to be spam. Just look who started the thread this time.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Seems weird that it was deleted.

I'd be pissed off.
    Indeed.

You know me manker... I'm struggling not to say something I might regret

Seriously though, do mods not bother PM'ing members anymore cause I thought it was common courtesy to do so

Oh and after I bitched yesterday about deleted posts by said moderator I got this back...

I removed your post(s) because it had nothing todo with usenet/NZB's etc.. i know you posted in the movies section that there was no proper release. but not all members check that thread.

If you do not stop posting off-topic replies in the '06/10/2005 TV series' thread you will be placed on moderation
    Sorry I spoiled your own private topic mr mod. Didn't realise information regarding the topic itself was not allowed and only you could post.

Please clarify, or ban me, whichever is easiest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast