Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crime of "Unauthorized Reproduction"

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Somebody testing the waters or making a point, that's all-Democrats just did it by introducing a bill to re-institute the draft, which went down in flames.

Constitutionality is not the issue, as it would be a bank-shot off the (at best) questionable existence of privacy law, but it will never happen.

An attempt too illustrate absurdity by being absurd.

There you go, Busyman; I assume any of us Conservatives will do?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    an attempt to illustrate absurdity by being absurd?

what?!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Legislator drops controversial plan

By Mary Beth Schneider
    A controversial proposed bill to prohibit gays, lesbians and single people from using medical procedures to become pregnant has been dropped by its legislative sponsor.
    State Sen. Patricia Miller, R-Indianapolis, issued a one-sentence statement this afternoon saying: “The issue has become more complex than anticipated and will be withdrawn from consideration by the Health Finance Commission.”

Miller had asked that committee -- a panel of lawmakers who meet when the Indiana General Assembly is not in session to discuss possible legislation -- to recommend the bill to the full legislature when it meets in January.
    Under her proposal, couples who need assistance to become pregnant -- such as through intrauterine insemination; the use of donor eggs, embryos and sperm; in vitro fertilization, embryo transfer or other medical means -- would have to be married to each other. In addition, married couples who needed donor sperm and eggs to become pregnant would be required to go through the same rigorous assessment process of their fitness to be parents as do people who adopt a child.
    Miller had earlier acknowledged that the legislation would be "enormously controversial." It had already drawn fire from the Indiana Civil Liberties Union and Planned Parenthood of Indiana.
    source

Seems common sense prevailed

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    "by means other than sexual intercourse."
    it's a good thing for The Virgin Mary that she weren't from Indiana!
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-08-2005 at 02:30 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    it's a good thing for The Virgin Mary that she weren't from Indiana!

Quality

Wonder how rape would have been covered?
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-08-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    State Sen. Patricia Miller, R-Indianapolis, issued a one-sentence statement this afternoon saying: “The issue has become more complex than anticipated and will be withdrawn from consideration by the Health Finance Commission.”

It never ceases to amaze me. One would think one would think. Even if we would disregard the rights issues...........can you imagine a State Government equipped to deal with the type of enforcement it would take for crap like this? They would have to throw HIPPA right down the drain.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Somebody testing the waters or making a point, that's all-

I'm glad to hear that our legislators are all caught up on the real work of government and have time to indulge in such recherche pursuits.

I think Sen. Miller was simply using her pulpit to define her image with an eye to upcoming political aspirations.
    I'll bet her campaign contributions increase exponentially.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker

I'm glad to hear that our legislators are all caught up on the real work of government and have time to indulge in such recherche pursuits.

I think Sen. Miller was simply using her pulpit to define her image with an eye to upcoming political aspirations.
    I'll bet her campaign contributions increase exponentially.
    Good point.

It was like the pursuit of defining marriage between a man and a woman in the Constitution.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Surely you are aware that this impetus which we call wasteful is bi-partisan in nature, and compels perhaps 95% of all legislative action?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Surely you are aware that this impetus which we call wasteful is bi-partisan in nature, and compels perhaps 95% of all legislative action?
    ......and it is deserving of derision.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast