Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Forum Change?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I didn't really want to make a new topic about this but I noticed something strange.

Wheras most people's post count increased due to old posts in the lounge and other off-topic areas now counting, this guy's post count has gone down by about 1000. I distinctly remember him having over 5000 posts before the change was implemented.

Why is this?

Sure, you can say that it doesn't matter 'cos post count doesn't matter - but I'm just curious.
    The point of making the off-topic posts count toward post count was that post count would actually be a post count.
    So after i changed it to count posts in off-topic i did a recount of everyone's posts so they will be acurate.
    Most went up because of posting in the lounge, he might have gone down because he might have lost posts during the switch to vb, he might have had a lot of posts deletedin IPB which were still counted here, or some other bug might have happened.
    If you click Find all posts by Gre1 you will see that he really has 4000 posts, not 5000.

Short answer: His count is accurate now, it must have been wrong before.
    Last edited by tesco; 10-15-2005 at 02:46 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    What happened to the Quick Links??

I can't 'Mark all forums read' anymore.
    'Mark forums read' has always been @ the bottom of the page

Negative. With the Chromo skin, the 'Search' and 'Quick Links' were drop down menus, now they aren't. The 'Quick Links' drop down menu contained the 'Mark all forums read' link. Why aren't they drop down menus anymore?

There is a link for it at the bottom of the page, but why the heck would I want to go down there, when everything else is at the top.

My question still stands, why remove it??
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-15-2005 at 05:20 PM.

yo

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

'Mark forums read' has always been @ the bottom of the page

Negative. With the Chromo skin, the 'Search' and 'Quick Links' were drop down menus, now they aren't. The 'Quick Links' drop down menu contained the 'Mark all forums read' link. Why aren't they drop down menus anymore?

There is a link for it at the bottom of the page, but why the heck would I want to go down there, when everything else is at the top.

My question still stands, why remove it??
    It is sitll a drop down.
    That is a firefox bug that comes up sometimes, just clear the cache and it will work fine.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't see it as a drop down.

yo

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Clear your cache?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I didn't really want to make a new topic about this but I noticed something strange.

Wheras most people's post count increased due to old posts in the lounge and other off-topic areas now counting, this guy's post count has gone down by about 1000. I distinctly remember him having over 5000 posts before the change was implemented.

Why is this?

Sure, you can say that it doesn't matter 'cos post count doesn't matter - but I'm just curious.
    The point of making the off-topic posts count toward post count was that post count would actually be a post count.
    So after i changed it to count posts in off-topic i did a recount of everyone's posts so they will be acurate.
    Most went up because of posting in the lounge, he might have gone down because he might have lost posts during the switch to vb, he might have had a lot of posts deletedin IPB which were still counted here, or some other bug might have happened.
    If you click Find all posts by Gre1 you will see that he really has 4000 posts, not 5000.

Short answer: His count is accurate now, it must have been wrong before.
    Gotcha, thanks Ross
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234