Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought my PSP! woot!

Just to double check, it doesn't matter that my PSP will be PAL and it will be brand new (so is likley to be the latest Firmware)

2. Games   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    If i buy a brand new PSP (It'll be a UK PAL version) Is there a sure-fire 100% method to downgrade it to 1.50 and pirate the games using a memory stick, or is it slightly hit and miss? I havn't really looked into it much but i can get a PSP for about £80 ($130)
    i don't think they're region locked like home consoles because they don't have to be compatible with PAL/NTSC televisions

3. Games   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Just bought me a PSP... and man it rocks!!!

The PSP was 1.52, upgraded to 2.0, downgraded to 1.50... got me a UMD emulator... Now I have both Burnout Legends, and Death Jr. on my 1GB memory stick. Man if I had known the games would have been free, I would have bought one a while ago...

The SNES emulator on PSP runs fairly well also!

Just don't buy movies for the damn thing. Such a waste of money.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Just bought me a PSP... and man it rocks!!!

The PSP was 1.52, upgraded to 2.0, downgraded to 1.50... got me a UMD emulator... Now I have both Burnout Legends, and Death Jr. on my 1GB memory stick. Man if I had known the games would have been free, I would have bought one a while ago...

The SNES emulator on PSP runs fairly well also!

Why? Bad quality? No Special effects? Shyte sound?

5. Games   -   #15
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    anyone know how to compress the iso because i have a 512 mb stick and want to fit some games on there

6. Games   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Why? Bad quality? No Special effects? Shyte sound?
    No, you're paying $15+ for a movie playable only on one medium.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #17
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    If i buy a brand new PSP (It'll be a UK PAL version) Is there a sure-fire 100% method to downgrade it to 1.50 and pirate the games using a memory stick, or is it slightly hit and miss? I havn't really looked into it much but i can get a PSP for about £80 ($130)
    Yes.

There is actually a newer and more stable downgrader... I actually used the first MPH downgrader, and couldn't get it to work... then I tried the 1.0 (newer) downgrader... everything was flawless and easy.

The only thing you have to worry about is accidentally updating your firmware to 2.01. When you buy it, chances are it'll be at 1.52... so you'll have to update to 2.0 before you can downgrade to 1.5. Don't download the updates from Sony.com... get it from PSPupdates.com.

Getting 1.5 is pretty easy, and then running homebrew is easy too.

Also, some of the newer games are bigger than 1GB... I doubt GTA:LCS will fit on the 1GB memory stick.

EDIT: If you do buy the PSP, I could guide you through the downgrading process, with help on homebrew stuff. And you will need to buy a Memory Stick Pro Duo...

The PSP is amazing... as long as you have 1.5 and can run homebrew.

@SingaBoiy
    Damn those are a lot of games!
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 10-13-2005 at 07:38 AM.

8. Games   -   #18
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Can anyone suggest any decent homebrew? I have a snes emulator and a web browser (if you count that), i'm sure there's loads of other awesome apps for it though.

9. Games   -   #19
    mapollo
    [QUOTE=Rip The Jacker]

If you do buy the PSP, I could guide you through the downgrading process, with help on homebrew stuff. And you will need to buy a Memory Stick Pro Duo...

QUOTE]

Ok Rip I could use some advice.

I'm in the UK and I have bought my boy a PSP for Xmas. I'm not sure what version the firmware is out of the box but on the demo disc there is version 2.0 firmware which Sony tells me to use to update.

So if I update using the supplied disc to version 2.0 firmware I need to find version 1.5 and install that over version 2.0 (I think).

I have been to "PSPupdates" but I ain't sure what I need from there.

Another question. How safe is this? I don't want to give my son a "brick" for Xmas.

Thanks David..

10. Games   -   #20
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Okay, first, you can always check which firmware you have by going to System Settings > System Information on the PSP.

If your 100% sure the supplied UMD has firmware 2.00, then yes, use it to update your PSP. The only thing you have to worry about is updating to 2.01... because then you can't downgrade. Once your running 2.00, use the 1.0 (newer and safer) downgrader... [MPH_SXT]Downgrader1.0.zip (google it).

Then you need the 1.5 eboot (update file), found here http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-b...,0,0,0,40,1410.

As long as you follow directions, everything will go just fine... If you totally screw something up, there is a small chance you could 'brick' your PSP... but hey, I've upgraded and downgraded 3 times now... everything goes flawlessly...
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 10-15-2005 at 08:22 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast