Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My World Cup Fantasy Group

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    Quote Originally Posted by dudevenezuela

I'll second that..

Brazil without a doubt
    I don't think so, there'll be alot of pressure on them. They might play like France did in the 2002WC. I think Holland will win, they've got good players and Nistelrooy is good at scoring cheap goals.
    Holland always choke. I reckon Brazil as well, though it would be nice if we had another "minnow" team win like Euro 2004. Trinidad & Tobago anyone?
    Last edited by Cheese; 10-14-2005 at 08:04 AM.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Last night I dreamed that Santiago Munez was wreaking teh pwnage for Newcastle - he didn't have a face, but feck he was good.

===

If we're all sticking our necks out () and offering tips for WC2006 - I'm going to go for Italy. It would give Serie A a shot in the arm and stop the La Liga aficionados being so smug about the place.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Quote Originally Posted by dudevenezuela

I'll second that..

Brazil without a doubt
    I don't think so, there'll be alot of pressure on them. They might play like France did in the 2002WC.
    France did so poorly because they built the team around Zidane, and he only played one match (or none, i can't remember).

The difference with Brazil is they have so much depth in the squad. They have four of the best strikers in the world in there. Although i don't think they can really replace Cafu if he was injured, not that'll it'll hurt them much.
    Last edited by DarthInsinuate; 10-14-2005 at 09:45 AM. Reason: (or none, i can't remember).
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

I don't think so, there'll be alot of pressure on them. They might play like France did in the 2002WC. I think Holland will win, they've got good players and Nistelrooy is good at scoring cheap goals.
    Holland always choke. I reckon Brazil as well, though it would be nice if we had another "minnow" team win like Euro 2004. Trinidad & Tobago anyone?
    We won't win next year

we will lose (again) in the semi-finals from Argentina or Brazil
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-14-2005 at 04:13 PM.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate

I don't think so, there'll be alot of pressure on them. They might play like France did in the 2002WC.
    France did so poorly because they built the team around Zidane, and he only played one match (or none, i can't remember).

The difference with Brazil is they have so much depth in the squad. They have four of the best strikers in the world in there. Although i don't think they can really replace Cafu if he was injured, not that'll it'll hurt them much.
    They can, easily. Cicinho is widely thought to be better than the aging Cafu - who gets in the team mainly on reputation. Expect him to retire after the WC.

The only thing that will beat Brazil is Brazil. There isn't much harmony within their squad, their European based players have huge egos and often ride roughshod over the manager - who is always under intense pressure to pick players based in Brazil. This time I expect there will only be two or three of those and if he doesn't pick them, the Brazillian press will vilify him.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Feck I'll just be happy if Scotland get thro' to the knockout stages, for the first time ever.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Germany
    England
    USA
    Japan

That is all.
    According to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    World Cup top seeds as of 19 October*:

1 Brazil 64 points
    2 Spain 49
    3 Germany 48
    4 Mexico 47
    5= Argentina 46
    5= ENGLAND 46
    7= France 45
    7= Italy 45
    -----------
    9 Holland 43
    10 USA 41

(* Based on Fifa using the system employed to calculate seedings for 1998 and 2002 World Cups)
    Teh Engerland can't be in the same group as Germany, but having USA and Japan in the same group is possible - they could also get drawn with the Netherlands, who have missed out on getting a top 8 seeding - somewhat unfairly given their lofty world ranking.

Interestingly, in 2002 England were pushed down to 9th place, thus fractionally missing out on being a top seed, because both Japan and S. Korea enjoyed top seeding staus as co-hosts. Hence were drawn in that tricky group with Argentina, Sweden and ... Nigeria, was it?

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    turkey ftw.

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    turkey ftw.
    Doubtful...

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator