Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice on getting single tracks.

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Soulseek works noice

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I dont like slsk, cause you have to already have alot of music for people to let them download off you..

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Slsk is plagued by its own problems and if you are running cable or broadband you need to get Blubster Lite, its mad fast for music and there are not many fakes. Just go to Nsane Productions.com >> p2p clients >> misc. [Dont use dl manager, save to disk normally]

If you want to use LimeWire and dont know a way of detecting fakes download Mp3 Shield. You can get it http://www.mp3shield.com.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I use Ares regular. In my experience it's been fairly reliable but it does sometimes have problems with long connection times and not enough peers.

I have yet to get a virus from it and I have yet to run into any fake files. Only thing close to a fake file was a radio-version. That could also be because on Ares it's fairly simple to tell if a file is real or not.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydred
    I use Ares regular. In my experience it's been fairly reliable but it does sometimes have problems with long connection times and not enough peers.

I have yet to get a virus from it and I have yet to run into any fake files. Only thing close to a fake file was a radio-version. That could also be because on Ares it's fairly simple to tell if a file is real or not.

Welcome Mydred , Your first post ? You sound like someone who knows filesharing , again welcome friend I like this forum for feed back and you'll fit in nicely !
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-15-2005 at 02:54 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    One word. Ares
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Wow, I never tried ares before. I was always a emule/shareaza user for single tracks. Ares is soo much better and faster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12