Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Tried The Atkins Diet?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I've on it since Sunday and it is quite easy.

However, I'm starting to miss eating the fuck out of a Raspberry Danish.

I've been pretty cut-up and nevvver ate right. However, in the last year I've gained 15 pounds due to injury, having a family and being fucking lazy.

This diet will get me back to square one since I've changed my regimen to that of old (working out). My plan is 2 weeks to lose the 15 lbs.

I eat protein (fish, lean beef, chicken) and vegetables.

I limit my carb intake to 30g a day (however I can be more liberal with that).

I swim twice a week and lift weights (power sets for time) everyday.

One thing is for sure. When I get back down to 185. I'm tearing some chocalate chip cookies the fuck up.

I can't even drink alcohol, soda, or juice right now ffs. It's all water, Propel, and sometimes drinks with Splenda.
    Oh and I take a multi-vitamin (always have actually) everyday.

Anyone tried Atkins or is thinking of it?
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-13-2005 at 07:28 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    I have. It sucks and its not healthy. I suppose for a short term kick-boost you could do worse but watch when you come back to eating normally. Your body may have a hard time with carbohydrates and start storing the weight again so its a good idea to increase the amont of exersise you do when you start eating normally again. Eat as many green leafy things as you can for vitamins (multivit is no subsitute for fresh veg)
    and don't forget vitamin C to process the iron in the green leafy things....
    Coors or Miller do low carb beer....

Oh and don't stay on it too long. You'll start to smell weird!
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythorama
    I have. It sucks and its not healthy. I suppose for a short term kick-boost you could do worse but watch when you come back to eating normally. Your body may have a hard time with carbohydrates and start storing the weight again so its a good idea to increase the amont of exersise you do when you start eating normally again. Eat as many green leafy things as you can for vitamins (multivit is no subsitute for fresh veg)
    and don't forget vitamin C to process the iron in the green leafy things....
    Coors or Miller do low carb beer....

Oh and don't stay on it too long. You'll start to smell weird!
    Smell weird.

Nah it's only 2 weeks (maybe a month)

I don't drink beer that much; only hard liquor under certain situations (Vodka with Apple Pucker I love it).

Exercise is already stepped up and I eat spinach and greens alot.

I plan to ease into the carbs and not really on Day 1 off the diet "eat the fuck out of some chocalate chip cookies."
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It won't work for just 2 weeks. You'll lose some weight, but it will mostly be water. Your body's cells are being starved, and they know it!

When you get back to eating carbs, your body will stock-pile, and convert as much to fat as possible, and you'll be back where you started.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    It won't work for just 2 weeks. You'll lose some weight, but it will mostly be water. Your body's cells are being starved, and they know it!

When you get back to eating carbs, your body will stock-pile, and convert as much to fat as possible, and you'll be back where you started.
    My mom lost fifteen pounds in 2 weeks.

She doesn't limit herself to 20g like she did then but eats less carbs.

I think the diet encourages less sugar more than anything. Soda's and other foods with high fructose corn syrup (among other stuff) will be limited after I'm done with the diet.

I drink more water now than I ever did before and I think main difference with me is I exercise. I'm not using this diet to substitute as a daily permanent fat burner. I'll just be back to where I was.....a little over a year ago.

Besides that, after my surgery, I will be somewhat immobile. I want a good start and be in shape.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Besides that, after my surgery, I will be somewhat immobile.
    You're finally having your head pulled from outta your arse?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Besides that, after my surgery, I will be somewhat immobile.
    You're finally having your head pulled from outta your arse?
    Uh uh. Knee surgery. Torn ACL. It's old.

I hate the fact I have to go under for that shit. My last surgery I was awake and watched them go into my knee on a monitor.

They told me I have to go under since THEY CAN'T NUMB BONE.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-13-2005 at 01:42 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Well, I hope it goes well, I presume ACL is anterior cruciate ligament. Fairly common in soccer - a few Man Utd players have done it in recent years.

Two are back - one still isn't after two years. Rehabilitation from it is horrible - but then I doubt you'll be that interested in getting 90-100% dexterity again.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Well, I hope it goes well, I presume ACL is anterior cruciate ligament. Fairly common in soccer - a few Man Utd players have done it in recent years.

Two are back - one still isn't after two years. Rehabilitation from it is horrible - but then I doubt you'll be that interested in getting 90-100% dexterity again.
    Thanks. I tore both of mine (my right 10 yrs ago, my left plus meniscus about 7). I only got surgery to repair my left meniscus. I continued to play b-ball with no ACLs. I was playing b-ball, drove on this fella, stopped and shot a 3-pointer, came down and my fucking left knee buckled and hasn't been right since. So I've been lazy but at least I've been schooling my little girl.

Fucking pre-schools don't give homework.......so I do it.

I still won't have a right ACL btw. My doctor told me that 10% of the population can do fine without them. He surprised I still played ball without them but now my chickens have come home to roost...at least my left chicken has.

...and I do want my 100% dexterity back.

Waaaahhhhhhhhhh!!
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-13-2005 at 02:08 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I had four friends try going on Atkins. They all gave it up. For three it did absolutely nothing to make them drop weight, and for one it worked "a little" but she wasn't feeling healthy on it.

Regardless, the laundry list of what their complaints were:

-Too difficult to cook family/kid-friendly meals for
    -Expensive
    -Constipation
    -Bad breath/body odour
    -General feelings of nausea and exhaustion
    -Headches/trigged migraines in one of them
    -Difficulty sleeping
    -Interfered with periods/increased PMS (not an issue for you, I'd imagine, but hey..it's a side effect )

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast