Thread: File Too Large Or Not?

I have just downloaded a .bin file for a game, and it is about 664mb, and I was wondering if it will fit on my 650mb CDs or not. Please help!

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    there is a method called "finalizing" that a lot of cd burning programs use like if a file is 710 mb or something and u have a 700 mb cd but for your case, i think it would be better to just use a 700 mb for a file that is 664 mb file

you could try with a 650 tho, good luck

3. Games   -   #3
    I just burned the .bin file that was 730MB worked excellent on a 700 cd.... Talked with a friend and he said that you should have no problem overburning 50-75MB on a 700 cd

4. Games   -   #4
    you could easy get that file on there that 650MB CD can hold around 680-700megs no lie, even with finalizing, I can put around an 1hour 20min of audio onna cd that advertises 70-80mins, jus the companys keep finalizing in mind so they advertise a lower disk space so you wont load up the whole thing and not leave room for finalizing.

5. Games   -   #5
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by Blakezor@16 April 2003 - 15:13
    you could easy get that file on there that 650MB CD can hold around 680-700megs no lie, even with finalizing, I can put around an 1hour 20min of audio onna cd that advertises 70-80mins, jus the companys keep finalizing in mind so they advertise a lower disk space so you wont load up the whole thing and not leave room for finalizing.
    1 hour and 20 min IS in the 70-80 min range
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

6. Games   -   #6
    Umm use nero to overburn <-- nero can extend the spacing by a little

or secondly buy 700mbs cds

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    icic, sorry bout that then Darksteel