Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: If you had a magic wand...

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

Like I said, Monroe
    For my purposes, that'll do.

I guess.

Although, far be it from me to bounce you into choosing such a recent example of propriety and honesty.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

For my purposes, that'll do.

I guess.

Although, far be it from me to bounce you into choosing such a recent example of propriety and honesty.
    I just can't get no satisfaction.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    You shouldn't say that you suck btw. Not a good picture for an eagle.
    Yet another mis-read.

I am not a Republican.

I am a non-isolationist Conservative, and not of the Neo- stripe, either.
    Mmmkayyyy...a Republican then.

I am not a Democrat. I am of sound mind and logic. If a leader makes decisions that are stupid, he gets called on it. Make too many bad decisions coupled with what they're are based on, then I'll be totally against said leader.

Simple formula.

I'll never say any Democrat, Republican, or whoeverthefuck can't do the job properly solely on their party affiliation.

I'm curious though. You gave George W. Bush a slightly below average grade so far.

What is this grade based on? .....and is it on a curve?

Either work your way down or up.
    He can either start with an A grade then tell me how he worked down to a C- or
    He can start with an F then tell me how he worked up to a C-.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44

Yet another mis-read.

I am not a Republican.

I am a non-isolationist Conservative, and not of the Neo- stripe, either.

I am not a Democrat. I am of sound mind and logic. If a leader makes decisions that are stupid, he gets called on it. Make too many bad decisions coupled with what they're are based on, then I'll be totally against said leader.

Simple formula.

I'll never say any Democrat, Republican, or whoeverthefuck can't do the job properly solely on their party affiliation.

I'm curious though. You gave George W. Bush a slightly below average grade so far.

If I'm a Republican, you're a Democrat.

A curve is impractical.

His domestic policies are only marginally useful, he lets the House spend money like a drunken sailor (apparently because his foreign policy is expensive and he feels guilty that the Dems don't get a proper chance to raid the piggy bank), he has not provided adequate stewardship of his "no child left behind" policy (a good idea poorly administered), his education bill was dumb (ironic, that), his drug benefit is a logistical nightmare as well as an economic disaster, his immigration policy is not a policy at all (BIG problems, there), he was slow off-the-mark in after Katrina (not to the extent that you think, though), and he has not made enough time for bitch-slapping stupid liberals.

His tax policy (on the other hand) is excellent.

No matter your view on his foreign policy, a Democrat might have done nothing at all (under which activity I include pushing U.N. sanctions and the like), or, if he/she chose to enact an aggressive foreign policy, it would have been more costly in money and lives.

A Democrat would have reinstated the draft, I'm sure.

In sum, a C-, as I said.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45

Simple formula.

If I'm a Republican, you're a Democrat.

A curve is impractical.

His domestic policies are only marginally useful, he lets the House spend money like a drunken sailor (apparently because his foreign policy is expensive and he feels guilty that the Dems don't get a proper chance to raid the piggy bank), he has not provided adequate stewardship of his "no child left behind" policy (a good idea poorly administered), his education bill was dumb (ironic, that), his drug benefit is a logistical nightmare as well as an economic disaster, his immigration policy is not a policy at all (BIG problems, there), he was slow off-the-mark in after Katrina (not to the extent that you think, though), and he has not made enough time for bitch-slapping stupid liberals.

His tax policy (on the other hand) is excellent.

No matter your view on his foreign policy, a Democrat might have done nothing at all (under which activity I include pushing U.N. sanctions and the like), or, if he/she chose to enact an aggressive foreign policy, it would have been more costly in money and lives.

A Democrat would have reinstated the draft, I'm sure.

In sum, a C-, as I said.
    You must have started from the A end.

You missed the mark slightly. Talking about what a Dem might have done speaks nothing of what should have been done. If a Dem had done the same shit, I'd call it a fuck up. People's lives man....not politics.

How the fuck more aggressive can you be? Attack Iran and NK?

So Bush gets saved from an F due to Afghanistan, Iraq, saving rich people a rack of money which was in turn used to hire more people....and you forgot to mention a steadfast Christian (I know you meant to) and cronyism to a fault.

Fair enough.

I do applaud you for, at the very least, coming out with some of the obvious bad decision he's made. 'Bout fucking time. I used to tire a folks defending some those one's you mentioned when they are obvious fuck-ups.

However, you are a Republican...almost a hardliner in fact. You Dems and Repub like it's us against them and liberals like a disease. You'd never vote anything but Republican. The thought of such an idea is foreign to you.

You'll get it one day and hopefully most of America.

Where do you get me being Democrat? What view of mine gives that impression?
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-16-2005 at 10:02 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46

Indeed I did.

Had I been grading a Democrat, I would have gone the other way.

You missed the mark slightly. Talking about what a Dem might have done speaks nothing of what should have been done. If a Dem had done the same shit, I'd call it a fuck up. People's lives man....not politics.

How did I miss the mark?

Every time I post, I hit the fucker dead center, just like you do.

Every Democrat getting ink these days swears he/she would never have gone into Iraq, or beyond Afghanistan, at any rate.

I meant more aggressive than another Democrat.

Thought that would have been clear...sorry.

So Bush gets saved from an F due to Afghanistan, Iraq, saving rich people a rack of money which was in turn used to hire more people....and you forgot to mention a steadfast Christian (I know you meant to) and cronyism to a fault.

Why would I mention his "steadfast Christianity"?

Isn't that illegal or something?

BTW-cronyism is the way of the political world, and is not peculiar to the Bush administration.

If either of us were President, we'd do the same thing-if you've lived a political life, you've spent it surrounded by those types, and that is what you have to pick from when comes the time.

I'd be damned if I'd hire strangers, and so would you.

It does make sense to appoint appropriately, however.

Clinton did the same thing, perhaps to an even greater extent, but was certainly no better at it.

Fair enough.

I do applaud you for, at the very least, coming out with some of the obvious bad decision he's made. 'Bout fucking time. I used to tire a folks defending some those one's you mentioned when they are obvious fuck-ups.

However, you are a Republican...almost a hardliner in fact. You Dems and Repub like it's us against them and liberals like a disease. You'd never vote anything but Republican. The thought of such an idea is foreign to you.

I'll say it again:

If I ever see a Democrat with the right ideas, I'll consider him/her.

Nothing more need be said.

Well, for one, you've called every Republican of your lifetime poison, more-or-less.

If it's enough for me, it's enough for you, pal.
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-16-2005 at 11:15 PM.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Its magic baby!
    good to see that your all still getting on so well........... takes me back lmao. sup people long time no discuss (argue)

and also on the topic i've got a magic wand and i don't do shit with it... lol
    Last edited by Wizard_Mon1; 10-16-2005 at 11:52 PM.
    Wiz.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48

Indeed I did.

Had I been grading a Democrat, I would have gone the other way.

Actually I thought you would go from an A. You would then mention the fuck ups, which are easy. Going from an F however, and you have to mention the accomplishments. Now I know you mentioned taxes and foreign policy, but that isn't worth 20 points. I mentioned the curve before due to "level of difficulty".

How did I miss the mark?

Every time I post, I hit the fucker dead center, just like you do.

Nah. You missed Iraq. The most obvious fuck up (but you did hit on Medicare/Prescription Drug Benefit..kudos).

Every Democrat getting ink these days swears he/she would never have gone into Iraq, or beyond Afghanistan, at any rate.

I meant more aggressive than another Democrat.

Thought that would have been clear...sorry.

Why would I mention his "steadfast Christianity"?

Isn't that illegal or something?

No, just kinda dumb when your decisions are based from what God tells you and the country knows it...a country of multiple religions. But hey, it got him elected...now for the rapture.

BTW-cronyism is the way of the political world, and is not peculiar to the Bush administration.

If either of us were President, we'd do the same thing-if you've lived a political life, you've spent it surrounded by those types, and that is what you have to pick from when comes the time.

I'd be damned if I'd hire strangers, and so would you.

It does make sense to appoint appropriately, however.

Clinton did the same thing, perhaps to an even greater extent, but was certainly no better at it.

Hell yes he was better at it. His cronyism wasn't as overt and CaptainObvious. Didn't hear much about shit hitting the fan as much either.
    Bush is picking his cleaning lady ffs, for a lifetime judicial appointment. I've always thought her as a Republican throwaway though for the conservative's real pick.

Also, this is about running the country not friendship. Can't do the job, fuck off. Your appointments may bite you in the ass.

Fair enough.

I'll say it again:

If I ever see a Democrat with the right ideas, I'll consider him/her.

Nothing more need be said.

Well, for one, you've called every Republican of your lifetime poison, more-or-less.

If it's enough for me, it's enough for you, pal.
    No I like alot of them. However, just like everyone else there could be something I don't know that comes to light change my mind. Alan Keyes comes to mind.

I do like John McCain and always have. There are others.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I meant more aggressive than another Democrat
    Remind us of the brave military service of the prominent Republicans, I can't seem to recall and their records don't appear to be on google.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Make the Rep's black and women ,see if they could do any bettter .
    This is so fucking racist, it's at the very core definition of racism. So let only the black women run for office and fuck everyone else then?

Why in the world would people fight and die for equal rights, to only turn around and do exactly what has been done to them for so long?

You fight for your rights and freedom and when you get it, those are the spoils you cherish. Revenge is not a justifiable crime.

As for the topic at hand, with my magic wand I would make it so the American Public would receive more unbiased information about the candidates, and really and truly have more then just 2 options for their elected officials.

I hope that people would really be able to decide if that guy or girl is really qualified to run a nation, and not just run a party's agenda.

On a side note, can anyone tell me where the hell is all this faith-based iniative money going to, and how much? My son can't say prayers in school, but some damn church is getting millions of our tax money to do what with?
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 10-17-2005 at 05:03 AM.
    Today is the day.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345