Thread: movies

dunno if anyone can or even will tell, but where i live there are a lot and i mean a lot of guys who sell dvd's of movies currently on at the movies, they are usually of a much better quality than the ones i find to download.
    anyone able to tell me which site they might use ( even if it's a pay site )

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Get on usenet. More than likely you'll need to pay, but unless you have top site access usenet is the fastest/most reliable place to get anything

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    What p2p network are you using to get your movies? While I agree newsgroups are the way to go, but you would have to pay for a descent server if you want any kind of retention/speed required to get DVD quality movies, bittorrent should be just as good. Bittorrent is free and you can get in a good private community to get the latest releases. Typically a torrent site will host many formats of the same film, whether it in the theatres still or not, ie XviD, DivX, SVCD, DVD, or DVD Screener. Needless to say if you are looking for the highest quality format of a movie still in the theatres, you'll want to go with a screener, rather than a CAM release.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs6549
    dunno if anyone can or even will tell, but where i live there are a lot and i mean a lot of guys who sell dvd's of movies currently on at the movies, they are usually of a much better quality than the ones i find to download.
    anyone able to tell me which site they might use ( even if it's a pay site )
    Where do you look for these films?
    Cos bittorrent sites usually have these flicks within hours(after newsgroups).

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    snarler45's Avatar Dont touch the wires

Laugh

If you want new movies quickly and free then bittorrent sites are best. Avoid CAM jobs they are not usually very good and have bits missing. TS (telesynch) are often OK. Screeners are DVD Rips (usually from press previewsetc).
    XVids are usually great - I play them straight into my TV and the result is so good I do not bother with 4.3 Gig DVDs anymore. be careful of some MP4s because they may have been made with a poor codec.

If you check the comments with a torrent you will soon see what the quality of the upload before you grab it and many have a sample for you to grab first.

If you burn a bit of bandwidth you will figure it out and you must be nuts to buy stuff at the market or car boot sale
    For Christ's sake don't touch the wires

6. File Sharing   -   #6

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Its for us to know and you to find out.

Anyways did you try GOOGLE?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    a good site for movies www.torrentspy.com a good client for downloading the movies form the website www.bitcomet.com.

thats what i use and i never go wrong

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    A lot of sites are banning Bitcomet,Utorrent is a lovely little client for d/loading torrents,also Ike has provided a nice little list of torrent sites here

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.