Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transferring movies to xbox

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hi,
    do i have to change the movie format or something before i ftp the movie on to my xbox hard drive from computer or something?

If yes than what format and what software can i use?

If no than what will be the fastest way to transfer a downloaded movie from computer to xbox hard drive?

cheers

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    No u don't have to change the format. The fastest way is to connect ur PC to ur modded Xbox thru a crossover cable and you will need an FTP program such as Flash FXP to FTP it over.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    No u don't have to change the format. The fastest way is to connect ur PC to ur modded Xbox thru a crossover cable and you will need an FTP program such as Flash FXP to FTP it over.
    Thanks!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    oh BTW one more question.......I have downloaded a DVD which has a Audio_TS and Video_TS folder (has lot of .vob files), do i need to convert that to something? How do i transfer that?
    Please advice....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    xbox-scene.com is your friend, you'll need to put a program on there to watch dvd's with, I use dongle free dvd player, it works fine, but I prefer to burn my dvds.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    xbox-scene.com is your friend, you'll need to put a program on there to watch dvd's with, I use dongle free dvd player, it works fine, but I prefer to burn my dvds.
    hey wat about xbox media center? will that play DVD from xbox hard drive?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    I dunno, I hate xbmc, its too advanced, it crashes all the time nothing worked write, its a fancy gui, with no code to back it up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Hi,
    Divx movies are played using the XBOX media center.
    Regarding your DVD image, try the complex tools (under applications) within the main any hacked dashboard you are using.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I dunno, I hate xbmc, its too advanced, it crashes all the time nothing worked write, its a fancy gui, with no code to back it up.
    Ive never had a problem with it crashing on me

And yes, it can play dvd video files.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    XBMC is superb. Just open the thing, go to My Videos, open up the network share, bam, nearly any video file that is in a shared network folder on your PC can be watched through the Xbox on the tv.
    XBMC will not play DVDs correctly if I remember right, DVD player programs are easy to come by though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast