Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious about how many of you...

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Posted right away if I remember correctly (the Iraq War thread originally in the lounge).

And when you belive in something so strongly , nothing else maters . To me thats respect . Simple right ?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think I jumped straight in on a thread about abortion. The Drawing Room (and its previous incarnation) is a fairly friendly soap box pitch in my view
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    I give lectures at university and write articles for the new york times using opinions posted here.
    Most people don't agree.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I give lectures at university and write articles for the new york times using opinions posted here.
    Most people don't agree.

I wonder if the collective effort of the drawing room would make a fine uni professor. Maybe with some help from the lounge...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think I posted pretty much straight away

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Jumped in right away.

I never cared if someone was articulate, appeared razor sharp, or had a huge vocabulary. If they are full of shit, I see it. When I was in school I joined the mock trial team (debating) as a goof 'cause I saw one of the sessions and thought it to be easy (and saw that this one smuggeekfucker was beating everyone).

I ripped him (among others) to shreds on the only 3 occasions I had a chance then abruptly quit. I never liked his dorkbitchass.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-19-2005 at 10:39 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    Didn't it start with a thread about the Iraq war in the Lounge?

I don't post as much as I used to. The topics lately seem to be dealing with internal American politics, which, while interesting enough, I've not enough experience to comment on why Senator X's record is ABC while Senator Z's record is DEF.

Edit: And the last topic I posted was derailed in fairly short order.

Yup-

We started in the run-up to the invasion.

BTW-someone with your mind doesn't have to know all the facts in order to bring logic (even if it is your own brand) to bear, MN.

Skizo-

Thank you-you are much too kind.

Clocker-

Your lurking fools no one, as your aura precedes you, and it's glow lingers after you leave.

Send my check to the address in your files, please.

100%-

Is your real name Rich or Friedman?

Biggles-

Glad you branched out.

Busyman-

Please, after all this time, try to be less vague when expressing your views.

Tell us how you really feel, and stop sugar-coating things.

Hank-

I remember lefty, but I can't remember the PM-if you actually do still have it, shoot it to me, okay?

I'm up for reminiscences today.

Peat, Barbarossa, ahctlucabbuS, Sara and Mon Capitan-

Keep your needles sharp, 'cuz we've got a long way to go, and I'm not bowing out until I've posted something that every one of you agrees with.

However, if Ruthie ever agrees with me about anything, I'll know I'm already dead, and you'll all be witnesses to my first and only miracle.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    ... I'm not bowing out until I've posted something that every one of you agrees with.
    I shall never buy into this "the sky is blue" malarky you're trying to sell.

Never.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    I just went into the lounge when i came in but didnt post much. Then i wasnt here much from like 2004-2005. Only like a post once a month.

Now i come here much again.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I never cared if someone was articulate, appeared razor sharp, or had a huge vocabulary. If they are full of shit, I see it.
    The only reason I read the interweb, any of it, is because I would find it impossible to meet someone like you in real life.

There is no conceivable way that anyone, under any circumstances, having to actually deal with real life, would have such a startling level of self-belief. (Unless of course they were a mentalist). However on the interweb you can be any way you want, you can be as unforgiving as you want.

I simply adore the absolute way you see / express things. No compromise, no 99% certain, no "what-if". You, Sir live in a World of black and white. A World sans grey areas. Please note that you are far from being the only one, simply a really good example.

To answer the original point (as I remember it). I didn't join in here at first, because it was one of the most singularly incestuous, condescending cliques it had been my misfortune to stumble across. Now I read stuff and sometimes post stuff, if I am so inclined. Like I have said elsehere, I enjoy the mixed demographic, idiocy in all it's forms, as it were.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast