Thread: Quicktime doesn't work...

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't know why, but I've already tried reinstalling the codecs from the "Quicktime Alternative". Any program that requires quicktime crashes...
    I can't seem to get Quicktime working.

Is there a way to uninstall quicktime and anything relating to it...then reinstall the whole thing?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I got it working now. I had to go into the registry using jv16 power tools and deleting anything related to quicktime itself. I kept anything suspicious, such as quicktime registry keys for other programs. I have Quicktime Alternative working now, thank goodness they created that one, because Quicktime's official software still doesn't install. No mater, all I needed were the codecs and they're all working now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Glad it's working for you. I too am thankful for both QT Alt. & Real Alt. Otherwise I'd have to have those sh*t programs installed.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Glad it's working for you. I too am thankful for both QT Alt. & Real Alt. Otherwise I'd have to have those sh*t programs installed.
    I agree with em both two, because I noticed .mov files ,as well as .rm, play quicker in Media Player Classic. It used to be the other way around for quicktime in the past, but the glitches have been resolved. The team behind Media Player Classic really kicks ass. Best media player out there.