Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: America

Helghast004's Avatar Jelly Filled Donut
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    You however stand corrected.
    What am I to be corrected over? I simply asked you to provide proof of what you said. And thus far you have been unable to do so.
    want proof? how about from a fellow american? Im assuming your one aswell?

I've heard of this many times straight from people, television, and even in several books. But its all regarded as joke against the british...that is all. Your idea of proof is imppossible, sorta, and it involves him speaking to every american and telling him what they think.

I'll be the first to say YES that "myth" does exist and is widely known.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai

Have you already forgotten where YOU said "Well ACCORDING TO MOST AMERICANS, everyone from the UK drinks tea and eats crumpets. We also don't have dentists. Something to do with our teeth. Quite strange.?

Let's answer one question at a time, as you seem to be having problems handling even one.
    That's the exact same fucking quote I'm referring to. Are you just slow or are you fucking with me? For someone who's falling asleep here, I'm sure as hell owning you, wouldn't you say?

Want to read it again?? According to MANY.

M A N Y

MOST means more that half. 3 million would be considered MANY.

Please, you can not back up your statement and are afraid to admit it.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I'm going to brush my grotty teeth and go to bed. This has been the highlight of my day. Goodnight all

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast004

The only other post he responded too considering this myth is this statement.

"What?

Substantiate what? I've seen these remarks on numerous forums, message boards and I've even heard it from somone face to face.

As for your edit, what makes you think the people of the UK think we're so special?"

The very next post he made was the same one I quoted earlier...you however seemed to have completely ignored that post and continued on pressuring for evidence.
    Dude, are you a fucking idiot or something?

"Well ACCORDING TO MOST AMERICAN'S, everyone from the UK drinks tea and eats crumpets. We also don't have dentists. Something to do with our teeth. Quite strange."

please tell me what part of that are you able to ascertain him mentioning it to be a myth?
    "I've seen these remarks on numerous forums, message boards and I've even heard it from somone face to face." Well apparently he mentions that most americans whom he's been in contact with have stated that myth. Your saying that americans dont recognize that and only a few know of it. Well im here to tell you he's not BSing about that subject, like I said before its just as common as saying Chinese people eat dogs.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thats the proplem with the Drawing Room everthing is Brits againts the Usa . Its tiring don't you think . Why don't we pick on the Swiss who never take sides or the chalk sucking Canadians ?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Either your someone who trully relies on 100% Hardcore facts or is just a stubborn character. Im willing to bet that a vast majority of americans know about that little joke, Perhaps not 50% but quite abit will.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Thats the proplem with the Drawing Room everthing is Brits againts the Usa . Its tiring don't you think . Why don't we pick on the Swiss who never take sides or the chalk sucking Canadians ?
    I never once brought in a Brits vs. USA idea, merely asking someone to back up what they said.

And I will refrain from picking on the Canadians, not a good idea to go messin' with lumberjacks and all you know.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 10-19-2005 at 02:40 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    lol nonsense

I'll just say this here and now, I'll respect your family, belief, and nation no matter what you think of mine.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    the chalk sucking Canadians ?
    I dont suck chalk . I like America only because the clothes and electronics are cheaper than Canadian stuff (even after exchange rate). Plus, houses and cars are very cheap because there are so many loan company's and tax is low.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast004
    .....vast majority of americans know about that little joke, Perhaps not 50% but quite abit will.
    Please think before you post.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast