Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: America

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    what do you define as a "british" accent exactly? I'm pretty sure for example Manker and myself sound very different yet both have a british accent.
    I can't explain it I guess. I know it when I hear it though. Words are pronounced differently and have different inflection.

There was a fella I worked with in Virginia that was from the Caribbean islands. He had an island accent but it sounded British. When I asked him he told me the British originally settled the island he was from.

It's weird that manker can't recognize Lennox as having a Brit accent yet over here it's CaptainObvious.

Incidently he told the story where he impregnated 2 woman on different occasions on the same day. He has two kids conceived on the same day from different mothers.

If anyone can find an audio clip of someone with a geordie accent and another with a welsh (dunno what part tis manker) accent just to show what I mean.

None of this arse off big brother fake geordie accent shite though, or the mackem accents in byker grove, byker my arse, pennywell (monkey smell) more like!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #112
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    to be fair, it's also every canadian I've ever met (1), she thought I was from Ireland.
    Maybe being mistaken for scottish is slightly acceptable though, there are a few similarities between 'em and geordie
    Canadians are harder for me to put my finger on. Alot of comedians are Canadian and I mistook them for American. Lennox sounds nothing like any Canadian I've ever heard.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #113
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I can't explain it I guess. I know it when I hear it though. Words are pronounced differently and have different inflection.

There was a fella I worked with in Virginia that was from the Caribbean islands. He had an island accent but it sounded British. When I asked him he told me the British originally settled the island he was from.

It's weird that manker can't recognize Lennox as having a Brit accent yet over here it's CaptainObvious.

Incidently he told the story where he impregnated 2 woman on different occasions on the same day. He has two kids conceived on the same day from different mothers.

If anyone can find an audio clip of someone with a geordie accent and another with a welsh (dunno what part tis manker) accent just to show what I mean.

None of this arse off big brother fake geordie accent shite though, or the mackem accents in byker grove, byker my arse, pennywell (monkey smell) more like!

You mean antny's not a geordie.

4. Lounge   -   #114
    Canadians are harder for me to put my finger on.
    Yes, the one I met was

5. Lounge   -   #115
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles

That cawk's from Consett

I meant the narrator fella anyway, but nevermind

6. Lounge   -   #116
    Canadians are harder for me to put my finger on.
    Yes, the one I met was
    The only European I've ever "dated" was a beautiful woman from Switzerland. Her last name was Bruhwiler. I met her while doing work at the Washington Monument and she asked me to take her picture (with her other female friend). From there I got her number and then we met up later the next day and a had beautiful night on the Baltimore Harbor (she'd never been there).
    The rest I won't go into.

I regretted not keeping in touch with her. She was beautiful, voluptuous, fit, and funny. We kept in touch for awhile by email and she invited me to Switzerland but I never took her up on it.

I think she said she worked for Pfizer and was just traveling around the world. I remember not hearing much of an accent until she said "vich one" instead of "which one". Her father was German.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-20-2005 at 01:44 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #117
    Oh yes, her, I know her, what with us both being from Europe.

8. Lounge   -   #118
    Oh yes, her, I know her, what with us both being from Europe.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #119
    Blythorama's Avatar Podiceps cristatus
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles

Check here for different accents around the British Isles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/voices/recordings/index.shtml
    Last edited by Blythorama; 10-20-2005 at 10:59 AM.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

10. Lounge   -   #120
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I can't believe I read the whole thread , but often wondered why it ends up in the lounge . But Lennox Lewis to a Canadian sounds like someone with a phoney Brit accent or someone trying to gain fans from his new country .

How do we explain Mike Tyson ( Helium breath ) I hit him in his equilibriums he went down !

Edit : Had to think about that .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-25-2005 at 03:47 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast