Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-stick pans conundrum researched

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Those of you who've bothered to read my inane babble will know what I mean already, the rest of you, tough, I'm not explaining.

Anyhoo, I decided to do some research into my non-stick pans not really being non stick due to them having stickers stuck on them theory. My scientific quest took me to the local tescos where I found the cookery devices in question situated in the aisle beside the dvd's. Upon seeing a spotty young lady working nightshift shelf-stacking (too ugly to put on the daytime, face like a clumsy bee-keeper, but i's straying from the point), I enquired as to how said pans could possibly be non-stick what with them having stickers on them.

I was met with a blank stare and the young lady promptly dissappeared. Next thing I know, I'm under cunning survailance from two crafty security guards; one hiding behind the budget £8 toasters at the end of the aisle, the other, casually pretending to be looking at the pans right beside me.

Needless to say, I moved off in a suspicious manner and led them on a wonderful game of cat and mouse through the babywear section. Ducking and diving behind rails and changing direction so to throw them off. I left after purchasing an egg and cress sandwich (74p) and watched as the two security enforcement fellows stood at the doorway observing me leave in my associate's car.

In conclusion, despite the cheap price of toasters in Tesco, I need to start going to Asda.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I'm a big fan of non-stick pants.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #3
    rly

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Actually, Bo, if there is actually a question in there I divine that it is as follows:

Why do stickers/labels stick to non-stick pans?

Answer:

Since you (I'm taking a terrific chance here; I hope you appreciate the fact) don't eat stickers or labels (well, you don't, do you?), you can surmise that the "non-stick" attribute applies, but is not necessarily limited, to foodstuffs.

I'm sure there are several things that will stick to a non-stick pan, and more things than food that will not.

I'm sure an intrepid such as yourself can conduct informal testing in the privacy of your own kitchen (bedroom, what-have-you) to prove this?
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-18-2005 at 11:49 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Your hypothesis has been duely noted. From my research I've just performed this very moment, I have concluded that the pan can never truely be non-stick if anything can be stuck unto it, whether it be consumable to man or beast or not. They are just sheer frivolous claims made by "the man" to keep us happy in our throwaway culture. I'm sure it's the terrorists fault too, and internet-paedo-asylum seekers wearing hoodies.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    rly
    No, Not At All Rly.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Your hypothesis has been duely noted. From my research I've just performed this very moment, I have concluded that the pan can never truely be non-stick if anything can be stuck unto it, whether it be consumable to man or beast or not. They are just sheer frivolous claims made by "the man" to keep us happy in our throwaway culture. I'm sure it's the terrorists fault too, and internet-paedo-asylum seekers wearing hoodies.
    The intellectual rigor of your work is also duly-noted.

I'll mention your work to the Nobel people when next I am in Oslo.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #8
    No need my man, they have already been on the tele-communicay, they're granting me funding for further research. The grant consists of a free upgrade from a medium coffee to large (milk is extra) in the local Asda cafe (weekends only) and 30 pence off my next purchase of fairy liquid (500ml or larger) redeemable in any Morrison's store nationwide.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    No need my man, they have already been on the tele-communicay, they're granting me funding for further research. The grant consists of a free upgrade from a medium coffee to large (milk is extra) in the local Asda cafe (weekends only) and 30 pence off my next purchase of fairy liquid (500ml or larger) redeemable in any Morrison's store nationwide.
    I see.

Well-versed in the routine, eh?

I could get you into the Knights of Malta if your research doesn't pan out-fancy sitting 'round with a silk sash in a comfy leather chair sipping cheap lambrusco with a bunch of ex-mafiosos?

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #10
    These Knights you speak of.....do they have any contacts within in the psuedo-non-stick pan manufacturing world?

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast