Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compile A New Vcd?

They come out bigger because svcd/vcd take more space its all depends on the kinda quality your making your movies and once there done you can cut them in half with tmpgenc just goto mpeg tools/merge-cut

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    BANNED
    m8 i would say ur doin sthing wrong with tmpeg even at highest quality the file size should never reach 2gig
    imo h..quality 1300mb tops.
    if your not sure with settin and terms start off by usin the wizard or tmpeg (templates with will set every thin 4 u for a stantard vcd jest set desired quality)then when more familar
    u can mess around with bitrate setins and shit to cram a movie o 1 cd

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by junkyardking@19 April 2003 - 01:43
    I've also got a problem with vcd/svcd, when nero encodes some of my avis around 700mb, they come out at 850 - 1000mb, while tmpgenc makes them over 2000mb, these sizes are too big for one cd even with overburing please help.
    I think your problem is that your movie have VBR sound and you have to take out the sound with Virtual Dub (search for it in google).

If your sound has VBR sound,then when you open up your movie in Virtual Dub,then this error pops up:

You have to change Sound-->full process mode-->conversion-->44100Hz and save it as a new wave.

The wave is gonna be huge cuz it uncompressed,like 700 MB and you have to use that sound file in TMPGEnc as a "sound source".

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Originally posted by Baz2k@19 April 2003 - 01:17
    That is what I have got now!!!!!!!!!! I have got DivX. Is that why I am getting these problems?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you got a link to the codec thing please?
    You can get K-Lite Codec Pack from here but uninstall all your old one first:
    K-Lite Codec Pack

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    thanks got it mostly fixed except for a problem where the movies sticks for a fraction of a second once and a while

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Is Nero the only program that can make VCDs... or is it the most popular or easiest?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I'm not sure... but Nero is most easiest and seems to be the more popular one.

It's not all that reliable though when encoding.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    BANNED
    no.. there 1000's of prog's that can make and burn vcd's
    like u say it's just one of the easiest & most popular along with ones like roxi 's (easycd creator) and cdrwin and shit

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    TMPGEnc for the best resultat and itīs faster then nero too.

read these guides for how to make VCD good:
    KingJohn guides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12