Thread: Spybot Search & Destroy latest update= f'd

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm a big fan of SSD. And I wouldn't be posting here if the Net-Integration forum was up.

Anyways I had to do a system restore on my computer (XP pro) after updating 10/21/05. I got the latest includes file from MajorGeeks. The symptoms were that just about every program ran slower. An AV scan took 10 minutes longer. Even a scan with Spybot instead of 3 1/2 minutes took 6 minutes. Opening every program took like 5x longer. There's something wrong with the latest update.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thanks for the heads up my Moms , Microsoft antispyware expired and was going to tell her to d'/l Ssd . Guess its a trip to her house with my Giant . Wonder what caused it can you roll back with System Restore ? Or uninstall and use an older version .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-22-2005 at 12:05 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I'm Ok after the restore. First time SSD ever failed me. I'll try the update again in a couple days.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I always admired the free programs ,alot of work and little pay . Updates are pretty fast with SSD tho . Hope some free source community helps him .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You know peat moss, it just might be my experience. Not worldwide. That's why I posted this. To see if anyone else had troubles with this latest update.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Havent' tried the update yet, and now that you're telling me somethings wrong I dont want to but i'll most likely give it a try tomorrow. I'll post back if I find something f'd up.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well I think I found the problem & it's not SSD. Another program (CounterSpy) I've had for weeks now just started being a resource hog. I just disabled this other program from realtime protection & everything now seems fine.
    So I uninstalled CounterSpy & will try Trend Micro AntiSpyware. If I don't like that back to M$ AntiSpyware for me.