Thread: far cry....freakin long long long intro.....how to skip?

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    hi,
    this is really pissing me off.....whenever i launch far cry 2 on my xbox, the freaking long intro wont skip.....so basically i have to watch the damn 10 mins long intro every time i launch the game.........the game is on my xbox hard drive......is there a way i can skip it?

any help will be appriciated....

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Games   -   #2
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Go make a cuppa?

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Go make a cuppa?
    lol......I could i guess!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Games   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Maybe if there is some way you could edit the Game's ISO file on your computer, and then ftp it to your xbox, that might work?

5. Games   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    YOU CAN'T, AND STOP COMPLAINING

Lol my friend bothers me about that alot. That intro is it cache'ing a bunch of large files. If you look in the Farcry dir, there is a bunch of DAT files. Each one is getting loaded into the chache. So there is no way to skip it.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    YOU CAN'T, AND STOP COMPLAINING

Lol my friend bothers me about that alot. That intro is it cache'ing a bunch of large files. If you look in the Farcry dir, there is a bunch of DAT files. Each one is getting loaded into the chache. So there is no way to skip it.
    hmmm....I m not complaining, its not something i wont play the game just 'cause i cant skip the intro, but it would have been nice if you could. Infact i have found a solution for this.......so may be u can help ur buddy, who seems to be complaining abt this......

If you've found yourself unable to skip the intro movie on Far Cry Instincts, pounding all the buttons on your controller until your hands are blooded stumps, here's a solution and explanation.

If you set the time and date properly on your Xbox, this problem won't occur.
    If you have Xbox Live and allow Far Cry Instincts to download the update released yesterday, this problem won't occur.
    However, if you put a different game into your Xbox (but why would you do that?) and later guiltily return to Far Cry Instincts like an unfaithful lover, the intro video will play again in full. The reason for this is that Far Cry Instincts copies a bunch of sound files onto your Xbox while the intro plays. When you put in a different game these sound files are deleted and will need to be copied over again the next time you use Far Cry Instincts.

Source: http://www.farcrygame.com/uk/newspost.php?id=13002
    and YES that works!