Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A question for the Americans

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I tried asking this in the lounge ,my little boy who is 9 has a project where he needs to collect information on another country,he choose the USA and what I would like is some info and pictures from your hometown,giving a personal view of the states.
    I can get the cold facts from the net,but it would be nice to be able to add stuff you don't get on the web.
    Thankyou.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    I tried asking this in the lounge ,my little boy who is 9 has a project where he needs to collect information on another country,he choose the USA and what I would like is some info and pictures from your hometown,giving a personal view of the states.
    I can get the cold facts from the net,but it would be nice to be able to add stuff you don't get on the web.
    Thankyou.
    This question is really too broad.

Do you want to compare and contrast America versus yours' or what?

More specific questions might bear more fruit.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    True.Its like trying to generalize asians.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Any sort of info on special food americans eat compared to england,what sort of houses,length of school days,how far you travel to work each day,how big is your house,anything that sets you apart from the rest of the world,any special things of interest in your town,like the town I live in used to be the middle of Sherwood forest,where Robin Hood was reputed to live.
    Don't need to much just subtle things that differ from England
    Thanks

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Americans don't go to the toilet to have a shit, they sit and smoke it. What they do in the loo is a 'doo-doo'. I've had a look at some; it's definitely shit.

Thank you, Jimmy Jones, for such a wonderfully crap joke.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

This is a special meal unique to south Louisiana called boiled crawfish.

Everyone mainly eats this during the Lenten season on Friday’s because most of the people here don’t eat meat on Friday’s.

When we have them at home its more of an excuse to have a party than anything else. Everyone usually comes over to eat, drink beer and listen to music and have a good time. A crawfish boil could never be complete without lots of beer and loud as hell music.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    For day to day life I would say food. I live in what's called a "small town" yet there are about 100 restaurants. We like our food fast and the drive through is popular.
    Buffet restaurants are popular as well. for around $7-10 per adult (about4-5 uk pounds) including drink (unlimited refills) one can eat all one can eat. The steaks are thick, juicy and cooked as you wish in front of you. And if you don't like the steak you just had because it was over or undercooked to your taste...no problem just leave it and go get another....and another and another. The choice of food at a buffet is wide and there is no trying to get the customer to fill up on things like bread sticks, you can eat just the expensive stuff if you wish. Mind you if you keep drinking the unlimited refills you won't get past your 7th plate.
    There are so many places to dine that dining out is cheap, in fact it's often cheaper to eat out than make your own food. Ignoring the fact that some food is not as healthy as others the sheer amount of choice means that it's rare (but not impossible) to have a bad meal as any restaurant that skimps on quality will lose customers in a fierce market.

There is a reason why we have obesity problems in the USA. I don't however blame the restaurants for this rather the customers that don't know when to stop.

Edit i'll take a camera into town later if i get chance
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-03-2005 at 08:17 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank

This is a special meal unique to south Louisiana called boiled crawfish.

Everyone mainly eats this during the Lenten season on Friday’s because most of the people here don’t eat meat on Friday’s.

When we have them at home its more of an excuse to have a party than anything else. Everyone usually comes over to eat, drink beer and listen to music and have a good time. A crawfish boil could never be complete without lots of beer and loud as hell music.
    Little known fact: during the Lenten season on Saturdays in south Louisiana the public sewer system copes with an overload in capacity equivalent to the amount of output for the whole of the rest of the year

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Thanks this is brilliant,Vidcc could you give me a rough idea where you're from,just the state would be great thanks

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    New Mexico, but will be on the move sometime in the future (no timescale)
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-03-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast