Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Flashpoint - Elite (xbox) (warning 56k!)

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Urgent

Honestly, this is gonna kick Battlefield: MC's ass and thensome. Have been waiting for it for awhile and now its finally here, definitely worth the money. I love the new peripheral vision blur effect that they've added in, makes it look more real, also the new peripheral vision indicators are supposed to be revolutionary for FPS by today's standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox World Australia
    source: http://www.xboxworld.com.au/xbox_gam...p?idReview=624 By far the biggest and most obvious touch of realism is the inclusion of peripheral vision indicators. or example, any friendly soldier or vehicle that is outside of your vision will show up as a green dot on the left or right edge of the screen. The darker the dot, the closer the soldier or vehicle is to the player and likewise, the higher or lower the dot is from centre the more forward or behind the player they are. Enemies and unknowns receive the same treatment although they are represented by red and white dots respectively. Obviously this isn’t true-to-life, but neither is perspective given by your TV screen, so this does a stellar job of evening the odds. This revolutionary feature was not seen in the PC version of Operation Flashpoint and significantly enhances the player’s situational awareness. Combine this with the subtle formation way-point indicator and knowing where your commander wants you is intuitively easy. I can not rave about this one feature enough as I believe it to be the single most revolutionary feature in a FPS since the genre entered the third dimension.
    Truly does use the full power of the xbox, considering you're playing on 100 square kilometer islands (four of em) with endless possibilities to finish missions/campaigns. too many good pics too post Btw, if you're wondering, this is a first person/third person shooter, and it's very very realistic, if you're into games like run and gun (hey i am, but i like this too) you probably won't find this too appealing, this is not for people that think Battlefield 2 is realistic. Usually in this game its 1 shot 1 kill.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i hope the helicopter engine doesn't suck balls like the last one

3. Games   -   #3
    Nope. this is not a port, they've spent over 3 years on this one. They were originally gonig for a port w/ minor changes, but they revamped everything. Read the review (source link in quote), controls are a million times better than the PC version from 2001 and 2002 (resistance).

This one will have a FULL MISSION EDITOR, you can create your own missions or even your own campaigns (just like the PC version). Has over 70 missions, comes bundled w/ resistance.

4. Games   -   #4

Smile

couple of more pics:

Neat little info from ofp.gamezone.cz:

DID YOU KNOW?:
    # Walking across the island on foot from one end to the other takes 45 minutes real time?
    # The sea has fully simulated tides? Wave size and pattern change according to weather conditions at sea?
    # Seagulls fly mostly near the sea? You can spot a hawk, if you're lucky?"
    # Trees, bushes and grass not only sway in the wind but are also influenced by nearby landing helicopters
    # There are flies, honey-bees, and even dragonflies, mosquitoes or butterflies flying around?
    # There are real star constellations? There are moon phases?
    # Church bells ring on each hour?
    # You can hold your breath for a couple of seconds in the game to aim more accurately? You can stabilize your weapon aim by slightly pressing the firing trigger.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 10-27-2005 at 10:41 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    is this that one game, where if you get shot once , then you die.. ? if so, meh..

6. Games   -   #6
    depends on where you get shot, chest and above then duh (realistic), stomach and below, then ur injured, get shot again stomach and below then u can only crawl. That system can also have been revamped since I havent played this game yet, the PC version was like that (what I just explained).

7. Games   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Looks pretty fecking gangster meng I dont have xbox tho.

8. Games   -   #8
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    That looks really cool. Can we have some more detail as to how many vehicals there are gonna be. Maps, guns, nations?

and online play? is there any? how is it?

ill only buy it if it has online

9. Games   -   #9
    It is online, you can co-op via system link, and it supports (get this) up to 24 players for multiplayer (online). HDTV 480p, and 5.1 dolby surround sound, supports joysticks and wheels, and has a xbox live scoreboard, including downloadable content such as updates. I went and ordered it today (traded in 3 games and got it for free EBgames rocks), comes out nov. 16th. If I remember from the OFP (PC version), and the fact that this includes the expansion "Resistance", there are in total 4 maps. Now that's 4 islands, each island is 100km square, and trust me, that's fucking huge. That's why there are an endless amount of ways to complete missions. Vehicles (that you can operate or ur team mates can) include: Jeeps, cars (civillian), tanks, light armored ACPs, helicopters, planes (militarty and civillian), boats, amphibious vehicles and other ones i cant think of right now, read the previews. The story involves NATO (US soldiers) vs. The soviet army. Weapons are from the 1990's, so expect to see M16's, MP5's, Ak47's, AK74's, AK101's, RPG's, LAW's, a dozen or so pistols, SMG's (a lot, mp5 comes up a lot), shotguns, antitank weapons, anti-aircraft weapons, and atleast a dozen more rifles that i cant think of.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 10-28-2005 at 07:05 AM.

10. Games   -   #10
    And yet more pictures:

(I'm just loving the entire "blurred motion" and the whole depth of field effect, i actually dont like it when in games u can see everyfucking thing, depth of field adds so much more realism)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast